PDA

View Full Version : Gold & Chinesse on St. Patty's Day

Ill Digger
03-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Maybe it's the luck of the Irish !!!
No silver today...but gold is better anyway!!!! lol :drool:
I've been to this place a couple of times.
I've even taken others along with me to this place!!!
I went there yesterday and found a 1900 V nickel and a 63 rosie.
I'll be back!!!1 rofl :yes: thumbsup01 :drool:
Happy St. Patty's day everyone!!!!
HH :grin:

Ill Digger
03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Here's the last couple of pics.
I got the first chinesse coin and took one step and got the same signal .
I said to my self I think I know what this is going to be. :yes:
I can't beleive it!!! The season is starting off really good!!!
Thanks for lookin' & HH :grin:

xzlr8n
03-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Gold is good, especially on Leprechaun Day!! Congrats, nice buffalo too!! thumbsup01

angellionel
03-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Wonderful finds! The Chinese coins are in very good condition. Congrats on the gold too! thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
03-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Excellent! Love the gold and the Chinese coins... do you know anything about them?

coinnut
03-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice digs. Uhmmm. them Leprechauns want their gold back :rolleyes: And you don't want to mess with an angry Leprechaun lol Great day out. I guess it is the luck of the Irish. thumbsup01 You are right, this is starting out to be a great year thumbsup01

Ill Digger
03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Excellent! Love the gold and the Chinese coins... do you know anything about them?
Thank you Angie!!It looks like a coin from this website.
It is the second coin from the top, in the middle row
http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference...na8.htm#images of titles

Here is some info from the website about the coin, it is old but fairly common:

FOURTH SERIES (AD ?-1661): Mint name on the reverse, in Manchurian on the left and in Chinese on the right. The coins of the board of Revenue and board of Works mints, with &quot:beerbuddy:OO on the left and the mint name in Manchurian on the right, should also be included in this series, rather than as an issue of AD 1644 as suggested by Schjoth. This allows for a smooth transition with the coinage of K'ang-hsi and, not to put them here would require both of the principal mints to have been shut down during the last years of this reign.

S-1405, &quot:beerbuddy:OO CIOWAN (Board of Revenue mint). The manchurian mint name translates to Pao-Ch'uan, or The Fountain head of the Currency.

F $2.00 VF $3.50
I'm not sure if there both the same coin though...they are a little bit different :confused:

z118
03-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Great digs. Those Chinese coins make me nuts because I can't find anyone to explain to me how you tell them apart from so called i ching coins. Do a google search.

That gold ring is SWEET!!! I'd take gold anyday over pretty much anything else. Congrats!

Ill Digger
03-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Great digs. Those Chinese coins make me nuts because I can't find anyone to explain to me how you tell them apart from so called i ching coins. Do a google search.

That gold ring is SWEET!!! I'd take gold anyday over pretty much anything else. Congrats!

I know how you feel!! :confused:
This might sound crazy :crazy: but ,I think I'm going to take them up to the chinesse resturant and ask the owner if he can shed some light on these things.
I dug another one last fall in N. Wisconsin. I'm just curious to see wht there face value is like. Are they like a penny here or what ? :confused:

hoser
03-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Congrats on the cool finds and the gold to go along with it. Well done my friend. thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
03-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Congratz on the GOLD!!! And I also like the Cache Coin, found one out here on the beach last year!