PDA

View Full Version : Gone But Not Forgotten!! I'm Back!

starman2
06-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi Everybody :peace:. I can't belive it's been since March 26th, since I last posted. :omg: I have been off the grid for quit a while. Looking back at all your great finds. :wow: And wishing that I could have been so lucky :daydream:! Spent at least 2 months without finding anything but clad. I have amassed $55.45 in dimes, Nickles, and Quarters. A pile of wheaties, and an even bigger pile of trash since my last update. And like I said. >:\ No bright metal. Pretty much hunting my old stand by areas. I do how ever have some news. <: About a week ago. I received a new toy. A brand new shiny Minelab E-Trac!! Actually it's a Demo. But it looked brand new. It came with rain covers, and Randy Sabisch's great book, and an Eagle-eye probe. He even thru in a l.e.d. night light, that attaches to the lower rod. $1,175.00 with free shipping. Having used the Sunray probe on the DFX. I had to have one for the E-Trac, So I went ahead and spent the extra cash on the probe. I got that for $229.00 which was not a bad price. I also found a nice cover for the probe swich box $16.00. I figured the best way to test this baby out. Would be to cover some of the same sites I have hammered to death. I decided to try the old Nature Center. Well All I can say about this detector is, :wow:!! First day I went out. I didn't bring my camera. I didn't really know what to expect. Ended up finding some more clad, and Wheaties. But along with that. I dug 2 nice Rosies :happydance01:! Broke for lunch, but had to go back. Found a very thin silver St. Mary's medal, and the buisness end of a silver baby spoon. Needless to say. The next day brought me more luck, with 2 more Mercs. And from about a foot down. Or the full lenth of the lesche. I unearthed 7 old Pontiac bus line inc. school bus tokens all together. 5 of which were stuck in a stack. which is in the photo. The next day, I was back. And about 2 feet apart. 2 more Mercs appeared. I can't believe this detector. Any time now, I expect to start finding some of those silver halfs, that you guys find all the time :twirlingeyes:!! I am starting to get long winded here. So I''ll end this by saying that you guys were right about the E-Trac. It is an awesome detector. Can't wait to learn how to use it. Thanks for looking! HH! :groovy:

Cheap Thrills
06-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Welcome back starman . Congrats on the new E-trac and all the great finds you have made with it . Nice job on the pictures . I'll be looking forward to seeing your future posts . |:cheering:

Epi-hunter
06-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Great to see you posting again! :clapping: Nice finds and photos. Those tokens are very cool. Looking forward to seeing more posts!

CODY
06-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Welcome back! Wow, love the tokens! Silver ain't bad either. Congrats! Can't wait to see your finds, once you learn how to use it. HH

del
06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
hey welcome back...
congrats on the new machine Starman and the silver & tokens

milco
06-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Congrats on the neat finds and the new machine!

jkress
06-03-2012, 09:36 PM
It's great to have you back with us Starman. :clapping:

Looks like you are off and running with your new machine. :yes: Welcome to the world of Minelab. It's
going to be a very fun year for you.

Great bunch of keepers. Especially the silver. :smitten: The tokens are nice keepers too... big depth on those. :shocked04:

aloldstuff
06-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Welcome back Starman. You sound pretty excited about your new machine and the results so far are quite impressive. Looking forward to that 1/2 dollar post.

dalewestaby
06-04-2012, 04:53 AM
What kind of detector did you have before, and wow, thats a beautiful token spill

POKIE73
06-04-2012, 05:53 AM
first off congrats n all your finds i too have a new e trac it is like starting all over in some of your old places that you have hunted you will learn quick and come to love it dennis

Tony Two-Cent
06-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Glad to have you back, Starman! Congrats on the silver and the very cool token spill!

I hope you end up loving your E-Trac as much as I love mine! :smitten:

Keep us posted on your finds! thumbsup01

starman2
06-04-2012, 12:12 PM
What kind of detector did you have before, and wow, thats a beautiful token spill
Hi!, I have been using a Whites DFX. Which is a great machine. I have found plenty with it. But it is very unstable, and noisy. I know I could probably get alot of that out of it, with some adjustments. But, The E-Trac is very stable and quite. All I know is. I have pounded that nature center for a long time. And the E-Track picked off the silver like I had never been there before. HH

RaZR
06-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Well, i was gonna get ahold of you and see when would be a good time to get together and do some hunting. But now it'll be a waste of time cuz you'll get all the silver i would have. rofl
Now that you have that E-trac in hand the best advice i can give you (if you haven't already) is to put the settings at the ones that Angel has in the minelab thread. And learn to wiggle the coil over those high pitched signals.
Congrats on all the great finds the tokens and that pile of silver.
From the dates on those mercs, i'll guess that place is pretty old. So go find the bigger silver now!!! Good Luck Starman2!

Fire Fighter 43
06-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Welcome back and congrats on the silver finds WTG |:cheering: You will find that the Etrac will breath new life into your old sites. Congrats on the new machine and good luck.

starman2
06-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Well, i was gonna get ahold of you and see when would be a good time to get together and do some hunting. But now it'll be a waste of time cuz you'll get all the silver i would have. rofl
Now that you have that E-trac in hand the best advice i can give you (if you haven't already) is to put the settings at the ones that Angel has in the minelab thread. And learn to wiggle the coil over those high pitched signals.
From the dates on those mercs, i'll guess that place is pretty old. So go find the bigger silver now!!! Good Luck Starman2!
Hey RaZR, Hows it goin? How do I find the thread you're talking about? I could use a good pattern! Thanks!

starman2
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Never mind RaZR. Found It! Thanks!

DennisH
06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
A token spill, that is COOL!!!!!