PDA

View Full Version : Got a monster coil today and tried it out

coinnut
03-17-2010, 06:50 PM
OK where to begin. I traded a 4x6 sef butterfly coil and a 4.5x7 excelerator coil for a 12x15 sef butterfly (MONSTER) coil. It is big lol I needed something for fields and the little coils didn't work at iron sites any better than the 11 pro coil. So it comes in and I decide I want to see if I can handle the weight on an already heavy machine. My shoulder ain't gettin' any younger :rolleyes: So I go to a site I have been to about 30 times with the DFX and a bit around the cellar hole with the E Trac. Pretty much void of targets with the DFX. E Trac found some buttons but no coins. But Iwas only there once or twice with it and never ventured out much. So I get there and I start away from the hole in the nearest field. I get a button, then another, then shotgun shells and I say, well at least it hits small targets Then I get a 12-46 reading about 5. Sure enough, in my pounded virgin site, I get a copper thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Maybe I just missed it before, but I doubt it. So I venture out and on the way back to the truck I hit a 12-47, 06-45, 16-46 reading at 5. I know what that means lol OX Knob rofl No, it usually means copper. But 2 coppers with a new coil in just 3 hours at a pounded site? Yep, it was a second copper. I think I like this coil :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Will post the cleaned up pics as soon as I finish cleaning them. This site is one where the coppers are very corroded :(

angellionel
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Oh man, now you have me wanting one! lol I know a few parks where that coil would come in very handy. :cheesysmile:

Congrats on some great finds! Two coppers in one hunt always makes for a great day out. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-17-2010, 07:25 PM
cool 8) but i'm trying to figure out why your e-trac or dfx would not grab these at 5 inches? :confused: it's not like they were 25 inches :confused:
not knockin your new coil don't get me wrong,just a little confused :twirlingeyes:
ya maybe thought ya went over em but were off a few inches with your swing :poke:

coinnut
03-17-2010, 07:36 PM
cool 8) but i'm trying to figure out why your e-trac or dfx would not grab these at 5 inches? :confused: it's not like they were 25 inches :confused:

The E Trac has never been over these with the Pro Coil. I used it by the lip to see what I could sneak out that was missed by the DFX all those times. These coppers weren't close to the hole (first field) and I hit that area repeatedly before. It's still possible to miss them, but I doubt it.

Oh man, now you have me wanting one! lol I know a few parks where that coil would come in very handy. :cheesysmile:

NO Angel.... You Can't Have One :rolleyes: You've got enough ammunition for them parks already lol You think your 11 coil sings, wait until you see the footprint on this baby rofl

Here's all of the stuff cleaned up. The draped bust is an 1797 (I think) and the other is an 1817. Look at the size of them buttons compared to the shotgun shell. They are tiny and were only 3 deep. I'm amazed that big coil could even see them. I have no doubt it would see a half dime or 3 cent silver.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-17-2010, 07:40 PM
well seems like you like it so far.i'm happy for you.continued success and nice coppers dude thumbsup01
i see you hitting your goal of 50 no problem this year.you bursted out of the starting gate so far :shocked04: :tongue:
looks like an 1817 to me too!

sniffy
03-17-2010, 07:42 PM
AWESOME! I absolutely love finding good targets at worked over sites!

coinnut
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
I absolutely love finding good targets at worked over sites!

So do I, except this site was worked over by me :confused: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: That's not good lol lol

angellionel
03-17-2010, 07:52 PM
It's impressive that it could 'see' those tiny targets. I do need to add that coil to my arsenal. :drool:

del
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
very nice productive day , your arm didn't fall off did it :confused: :tongue: well i'm not surprised about the small buttons those fields
are usually so very quiet and the machines lock onto something and sing right out pretty well.with that huge coil
i just can imagine the monstrosity of holes you would of dug without that pinpointer :poke:

So do I, except this site was worked over by me :confused: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: That's not good lol lol

hey now you all know the real reason i go detecting with George lol lol

coinnut
03-17-2010, 08:19 PM
hey now you all know the real reason i go detecting with George lol lol

Now if you would only learn to take advantage of that, you might just find some coppers lol

John M
03-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Good going George.I have the big coil for my xlt and it does give my arm a work out.But I did the same thing and went to a place I have worked hard and did find a Large cent.They do have a use for sure.