PDA

View Full Version : New park Indian Heads

jkress
06-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Boy it was nice to get out swinging again. :smitten: May was pretty much a bust for me. crying01 Very little time to detect.

I did get out a week of so ago in search of an late 1800's hotel and saloon site. Unfortunately, when we arrived it was
obvious the grass was much to long to hunt for oldies. Within a couple of weeks the sheep should have the area cut down to a good length. I'm excited to return since the farmer said he has found old coins laying on top of the ground after a good rain. :drool:

This morning Ron and I tried a new park. It certainly has potential. I think my machine was teaching me a lesson for
keeping it in the corner most of May. Stubbornly it refused to let me know when when silver was beneath. :rolleyes:

But, Ron picked up a Seated dime and I pocketed 3 IH's. :happydance01:

Two 1899's were in the same hole and a bit later the 1891 showed up.

The 99's must have both been heads up in the ground as the fronts are not nearly as nice as the backs.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-36.jpg

Here's hoping June is a great month for everyone. :beerbuddy:

POKIE73
06-03-2012, 07:30 PM
congrats on your finds its nice to see some of us are able to get out now dennis

dave in iowa
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
good hunt Joe
|:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Glad you were able to get out for a hunt, Joe! I have missed your posts and photos. Congrats on the three nice Indian Heads!

milco
06-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Nice hunt Joe! That field where the farmer has seen the coins pop up sounds like a winner, good luck getting back there soon!

angellionel
06-03-2012, 11:27 PM
That's a beautiful patina on those Indian Head cents. Very nice trio. |:cheering:

del
06-04-2012, 02:39 AM
That's a beautiful patina on those Indian Head cents. Very nice trio. |:cheering:

you said it Angel , those bronze coins look great in your area Joe :loveit: :loveit:

aloldstuff
06-04-2012, 04:29 AM
Nice to see that you are out swinging again. Those are 3 nice looking IH's and the potential for the salon site sounds huge. Hope that you and your detector can make up so that the silvers can be found.

Fire Fighter 43
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Nice hunt Joe and congrats on the Indians |:cheering: