PDA

View Full Version : Street Project - Very Torn

milco
06-04-2012, 08:21 PM
I found a major street / sidewalk project in an old part of town (1880-90's). Right now it is prime and I know there would be some finds. Unfortunately, it is probably in one of the worst parts of town....don't think I'll be hunting there, but I can't help thinking about what may be lurking there under those sidewalk slabs.

CODY
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh Man! Go for it! No telling whats hiding there. Go early most any morning. Most thugs don't get out of bed before noon. Situation awareness, always! If you need to. carry someone with you to watch your back. Both of you put on orange saftey vest. If any of the locals ask, tell them you ar looking for a gas leak, or leaky sewer lines!!!!

Tony Two-Cent
06-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Yep, excellent advise from Cody. Early morning, and take a buddy with you if possible. Let someone know where you're at, and carry your cell phone with you.

p52ntwrk
06-04-2012, 09:21 PM
if you want to spend the money you can get an electrical technician shirt or surveyor shirt just printed letters, people will think your part of a bigger organization and less likely to approach, sometimes when i would work for maritime electrical we would scour beaches for abandoned power lines i dont know if this is a inland practice or not but neither do criminals.
just a thought but i might be totally cuckoo :crazy:

milco
06-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh Man! Go for it! No telling whats hiding there. Go early most any morning. Most thugs don't get out of bed before noon. Situation awareness, always! If you need to. carry someone with you to watch your back. Both of you put on orange saftey vest. If any of the locals ask, tell them you ar looking for a gas leak, or leaky sewer lines!!!!

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking early morning/daybreak would be best. We'll see how my schedule gooes this week. Hopofully it works out and I can get up there.

tanacat
06-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Good luck! :clapping: There's an old park in bad area downtown here, next to a police station where they ride horseback. About a year ago I was detecting a house on the edge of that rough neighborhood (a nice historic Victorian artsy-fartsy affluent neighborhood) when two mounted police from the old city park stopped to chat & told me I should hunt the park in the early morning hrs. :yes: I forgot all about that one-thanks! I'd still hunt with 2 or 3 other folks though...

Hey, you could use some orange :usaflag:s to mark where you've been/or going lol The bad guys will think you work for the city and maybe leave you alone... (plus the orange vests Cody suggested!)

aloldstuff
06-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Cody has all the right advise. Early morning and bring a buddy. Hope the finds are great