PDA

View Full Version : Ive been everywhere man, Ive been everywhere

dalewestaby
06-05-2012, 03:35 PM
So I've been all over the place. I went to a construction site at a local college where they are tearing up a parking lot. I was promptly stopped by police and informed it was state property and I had to stop and leave. I said I am just looking for old coins and I wanted to retrieve the history before they repave the lot. The cop agreed to Let me detect until he was done with his work shift, and then at that point, its my own risk. I ended up finding the keyhole cover for an old house door, and 2 wheat pennies, and a 1/2 cent aluminum token. :cool: I cant find any credible information online about this token and there is no park here called 'WDC park' so if anyones knows anything....

I also found a silver ring in an expanse of grass and some other nicknacks from tot lots, INCLUDING... :shocked03: .... A headphone adapter for a metal detector. Every totlot I go to has already been recently detected and I pick up deeper iffy signals that were overlooked. Usually all junk, but someone lost their adapter! hahahaha. Man, its tough competition on detecting in my region.

dalewestaby
06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
The only hope for finding anything old is to hope a parking lot is being torn up somewhere, and that you arent the 30th person to try it out

aloldstuff
06-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Very nice that the cop let you continue. Don't give up, you will be the 1st someday at a new spot. Congrats on your finds. There has to be some spot that will produce the oldies for you, parks, old ball fields, churchs, private property (with permission of course) and the list goes on.

Fire Fighter 43
06-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice hunt, the ring is a great find. Do not get discourage about places to hunt . Remember to think out of the box. Where there is a grove of trees now there might have been a ball field, house, gathering spot ect. Years ago. Check out this site it is great for locating areas to hunt in Wisconsin. I take a map section and slowly go over it it is great for finding old ballfields. Just look for that diamond shape.
http://maps.sco.wisc.edu/WHAIFinder/#

dalewestaby
06-06-2012, 04:29 AM
Does anyone know any info on how to research tokens?

Lowjiber
06-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Looks like a pretty nice hunt. That was pretty quick-on-your-feet to get to stay in the lot while the cop guarded you. |:cheering:

Snapolson
06-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Nice finds. Congrats!

DennisH
06-07-2012, 09:13 AM
That token is great!!!! It is also great when people in athority show common sense, WTG my. Police man.

Try this web site.

tokencatalog.com/token_record_forms.php?...&record_offset=0