PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had a plain 'ol nickel, but...

Snapolson
06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
it turns out I had me a 1944 silver war nickel!!! happydance02 It was so covered in dirt, I just figured it was a regular old Jeff, but when I rubbed the area to try and see the date, I saw that pretty silver glint. I was with my hunting buddy and did a happy dance right in front of him. :happydance01: I looked like a goof, but hey, who cares! lol I also found a cool broken pin made in Spain, a 1935 Wheatie, a St. Mary Catholic medal (unforutnately, it's only stainless steel). The round clasp is Sterling which means the necklace is silver. I didn't find the necklace. crying01 My buddy found a beautiful 1910 Barber right before we had to leave. Thanks for looking. Happy hunting! :groovy:

aloldstuff
06-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Gotta love those war nicklels, still looking for my 1st for the year. Congrats on the hunt, would seem that a return trip is warranted.

MassDirtFisher
06-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Nice looking finds, and being blessed with some silver always makes for a good hunt!! Congrats and Happy Hunting!!

leslie(nova scotia)
06-08-2012, 03:08 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....great looking spot to detect. In good grace now with the &quot:beerbuddy:ig Guy after finding the medal. <;)

Fire Fighter 43
06-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Congrats on the silver, WTG |:cheering: