PDA

View Full Version : civil war finds and a few extras

dave in iowa
06-08-2012, 05:31 PM
These are some buttons ive found , infantry , calary and GAR< button , and this police button , not civil war but early. also this hammer from a flintlock rifle , the eagle thing im told is from the era, a friend gave me the bullets, the key is from the same yard i found the buttons in . the half breast plate i found in a yard in dubuque , where im from

del
06-08-2012, 08:46 PM
:shocked04: wow great military relics Dave :loveit: :smitten: love the infantry and calvary buttons , wonder what the circumstances happened to make the belt plate break in half :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: would love to see a close up of the eagle thing and i believe the musket hammer went to a percussion cap type rifle more in time with the buttons age . congrats on a very very good hunt |:confused:) |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

milco
06-08-2012, 10:03 PM
That's an impressive collection, especially considering where you are at, not exactly the hot bed of Civil War military activity, fantastic!

aloldstuff
06-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Very nice display of some great items. i also am wondering what could have happened to that belt plate?

leslie(nova scotia)
06-10-2012, 05:09 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice history in that dig. Like the :usaflag: dewy and me son...............go fur another dig at that spot! <;)

jkress
06-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Great collection Dave. thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
06-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Very nice, I love that old Civil War stuff, WTG |:cheering: