PDA

View Full Version : Mini Microscope for coin ID

earthmansurfer
06-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Guys,

I have to say, by far, this is the best (and cheapest) loop I have come across for coins. It has a bright light (if need be) and really helps to make out the details on the coil. It has 45X magnification - I imagine the stronger ones won't work very well so don't go above 45X.

You can find them on Ebay under 45X mini microscope. I see them mostly shipping out of China but they have them in the States too. Comes with a small case and would be perfect for the field as well as home. Note the pics & in reality the date is crystal clear but hard to take a pic of. Any more magnification (it's at it's minimum which is perfect) is too much.

Albert

http://i45.tinypic.com/14dofgk.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2upq005.jpg

Fire Fighter 43
06-10-2012, 09:00 AM
That's a neat little tool, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for posting.

earthmansurfer
06-11-2012, 03:06 PM
I should say it gets close up. I use it to find dates that are barely visible - that really is it's purpose imo. It is a bit too much power to look at the whole coin, but to get in and see the condition, it is incredible for the money.

CODY
06-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Not a bad price. Shipped from outside US, less than $3.00. Shipped from inside US, less than $5.00. We will try one.

ScrapMetal
06-18-2012, 11:53 AM
I have mine on order from China. $2.25 with free shipping. Don't know how they can do it.

CODY
06-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I have mine on order from China. $2.25 with free shipping. Don't know how they can do it.

About a year ago I ordered a Key Fob video camera from China. About $5.00. Its the same size as a key fob. Got it to go on my RC airplane. With the SD card it will record 2 hours of colored video with sound. Has a clearer picture than my Sony camcorder. I don't see how they do it.

CODY
06-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Just got my mini microscope. All I can say is WOW! I like the blue light too!

roamingusa
11-20-2012, 08:38 AM
I use my tablet to read AD and just realized i was reply'n to old post don't know if this will reach any readers but i use my little girls i-clops we got her from toys r us, it takes some fine tuning but gets extreamly close an the pic is on my flat screen! Try it for yourself it works great