PDA

View Full Version : Silver, Wheats, Whatsits

aloldstuff
06-12-2012, 05:09 PM
I have been out hunting a couple of days and evenings, just haven't gotten anything worth posting till last night. All total I have gotten a dozen wheats, a silver rosie, couple of junk rings (darn) and some items that I need help to ID.

I have found two junk rings, both the same design, some sort of middle eastern writing on them. If I found two of them then I know someone else has gotten one. If so and you know anything about them, please chime in.

Found a elongated New England Football penny and a junker charm (darn again).

The round object is lead filled, sort of looks like a horse rosett but the additonal piece of metal on the back has me confused (what else is new)

Got a copper hinge and what I think is a hollow brass ball thing. The brass ball has no threads in it so it couldn't have screwed onto anything.

Last would be a lock plate with a hinge on it. That will go in my lock collection which someday I will post them all.

Tony Two-Cent
06-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I can't look at this thread. The skull ring is too scary.

POKIE73
06-12-2012, 07:28 PM
congrats on all your finds i always like the strange finds like the skull ring dennis

CODY
06-13-2012, 06:40 AM
Congrats on some nice finds. That skull ring is pretty scary. Ill probably have more nightmares now!!! Congrats & HH

RobW
06-14-2012, 12:24 PM
OMG....I'm actually on the board again!!!!

SOmeday, I'll slow down and have time for myself.

You're really getting the hang of that detector....your silver tally is getting to be nice this year :clapping:

I like that lock plate...very nice.

Looking forward to dinner tonight too :)

Fire Fighter 43
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Congrats on some nice finds, WTG |:cheering:

dalewestaby
06-15-2012, 04:45 AM
sweeet finds, nice variety. Its always nice to pluck out a smashed penny every now and then

jkress
06-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Nice keepers Al. A big pile of Wheat cents and the coveted shiny one. :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
06-18-2012, 11:38 PM
A nice variety of fun finds and a fine specimen of the earliest year Roosevelt on a nice rustic and pleasing to the eye backround . Very cool Al . |:cheering: :clapping: :beerbuddy:

mike l
06-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Man I love that skull ring :yes: Nice bunch of finds |:cheering: