PDA

View Full Version : Are You Paying Attention Whites?

CyberSage
06-13-2012, 07:50 AM
I have been reading about a new firmware update that has been released from Minelab for the CTX3030.

The following features stand out...

1. No one had to ship their detector back to Minelab.
2. You can install the firmware yourself via a connection to your PC.
3. It does not cost hundreds of dollars + shipping
4. They still call the detector a CTX 3030

As I have always stated... New Firmware Does Not Equal A New Detector :rolleyes:

Come on Whites. I want to buy a new detector from you. I love my Whites Vision, but I don't want to buy a V3i, or a VX3. That's just the same detector with different firmware. I am really looking forward to a new :usaflag:ship detector from Whites. I know it will be a great one when it gets here. You have the best customer service hands down. Your equipment is very high quality, and made well. So, hopefully something wonderful is in the works.

Jack

Lowjiber
06-14-2012, 05:23 AM
Cybersage...You likely remember when White's got kinda upset with me over the USB port thing and the Visions. I still think they missed the boat on that one.

midas
06-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Don't forget that White's is reasonably priced.
I think all manufacturers have stretched current technology to the limit (VLF, Pulse, FBS) = (LPS, 8 Track, Cassette). Let's go BluRay!

FUTURE :huh::huh:thinkingabout:

CyberSage
06-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Yes, Whites has always provided great detectors in a wide range of affordable pricing. When I purchased my DFX, it was certainly a lot of bang for the buck. The MXT was even a better deal, and I soon realized after using it just a short while how powerful a detector it was. I was one of the first in line to get my Whites Vision. With this new technology, came a new price tag however... $1495.00 for the detector, and $195.00 for the wireless headphones. With the promise of better finds this was still a great deal. The detector soon proved it's worth in very short order with many finds from heavily hunted areas...

...Then things kind of went south for awhile, with the multiple bad D2 coils, and the failure of the development of the USB dongle, and associated software for transferring program settings to, and from your PC. Then, finding out I would have to pay even more just for a firmware update. Of course Whites, whites stood by their product, and replaced 4 coils for me at no charge. Their customer service never wavered once, but I was still left with the feeling that the detector was left short of being all that it was designed to be.
After pushing my V3 to it's limits, I was eager to increase my finds, I worked on technique, and tweaked my V3 non-stop. My finds increased, but I still had a feeling I was missing targets. I eventually purchased a Minelab E-trac, and came to the realization that in fact there was much I had missed with my V3.
Now, I sit and watch the roll out of Minelabs new Flagship FBS/FBS2 machine (the CTX 3030), and I wonder...

...Where is Whites? I am ready to buy a new detector. :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
06-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Jack, why wait for Whites the CTX is here. IMO the CTX is a better detector than the V3i and the Etrac. It is only a matter of time before this is proven by the finds. We are all in the learning phase, just wait until we have it mastered.

CyberSage
06-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Until I see some good side by side comparisons of the E-Trac, and CTX, I am not dumping that kind of money for marginal improvements. See this thread...

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=10188.0

I am always in the learning phase Jeff. Show me a target that the CTX can see, that the E-Trac can't. Then show me that in quantity enough to justify the expense. I have the money, I just don't want to buy an E-Trac with a color screen, and a GPS. ;)

midas
06-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Detecting a good target at depth amongst trash and iron is still an iffy proposition even with the pricey CTX. Sure there is target trace, but that's only accurate to mid depth. And with any of the current top detectors, you get false signals and all sorts of sounds that are not good targets. 20% of the time with an iffy signal at depth it is iron falsing.
To justify an expenditure on a new top of the line machine, we need 100% accuracy in ID and sound at the maximum depth of the machine, silent until it hits a good target. No more guess work.

johnedoe
07-21-2013, 12:47 PM
To justify an expenditure on a new top of the line machine, we need 100% accuracy in ID and sound at the maximum depth of the machine, silent until it hits a good target. No more guess work.

Good luck with that wish..... There are just too many variables. :shocked04:verreaction: