PDA

View Full Version : german pfenig

hockeyguy
06-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Hello all,

I haven't been out much at all this year-only for a few hours. Life is getting in the way:(
Anyway, I know you have all missed me!
Thought I had something very cool, and it is, just not as cool as I thought. This pfenig was hard to identify. When it came out, I could see an eagle and a bunch of writing. When it dried, I couldn't see much. In the natural light, I see more details than inside...hence I took a photo- the scan did nothing for this coin.
It's very small and light. I thought brass but now think aluminum. Looks like 1943. So small it would have been tough to find w/o the probe.

HH hope u r getting out more than I.

del
06-13-2012, 06:10 PM
it is a coin you don't ever see much , i can see why you were puzzled and excited at first.
its a cool looking coin Aaron and congrats on finding something different , also its nice to see you posting again now if Scott would chime in it would almost be like old times lol

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
06-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Cool find, and glad to see a post from you, Aaron! Very unusual coin!

Yeah, too bad Scott sold his E-Trac and deserted us here, although I did see that he was logged on the other day. It was him who introduced me to American Detectorist. I still keep in contact with him on Facebook though. I know that fishing takes up most of his spare time.

Cheap Thrills
06-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Good to hear from you and see your still detecting Aaron . :waving:

aloldstuff
06-14-2012, 07:34 AM
I can see why you would be confused with that coin. It has an eagle which would have made me think early U.S. Nice recovery and ya gotta wonder how it got there.

catskillcomics
06-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Great Find Aaron!

catskillcomics
06-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Deserting you guys was not my intention, I'll be back on the saddle again.. I may be out of the hobby temporarily, but I'll be back.. I just thought I'd give you a chance to find that silver before I come out to visit..LOL

Cool find, and glad to see a post from you, Aaron! Very unusual coin!

Yeah, too bad Scott sold his E-Trac and deserted us here, although I did see that he was logged on the other day. It was him who introduced me to American Detectorist. I still keep in contact with him on Facebook though. I know that fishing takes up most of his spare time.

jkress
06-14-2012, 01:50 PM
A very nice coin Aaron. :clapping: It's good to see you back. thumbsup01

I'll be back.. I just thought I'd give you a chance to find that silver before I come out to visit..LOL

Thanks... we appreciate it. :beerbuddy: Looking forward to your return too. :->

Fire Fighter 43
06-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Very nice |:cheering: an unusual and cool find WTG