PDA

View Full Version : New to American Detectorist from Southeastern Oklahoma

dpdave38
06-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone, my name is David, but most everybody calls me Dave. I have been detecting 9 years working on 10 now. I love Coinshooting most, but water detecting is a close second to Coinshooting. I have not done much Relic hunting, but the couple times I have been, I got lucky and found a War of 1812 Riflery Button, didn't even know what it was.lol I can see where it could be as fun as coinshooting or water detecting. Here in Okla, we don't find coins much older than the late 1800's(with a few exceptions, some of my friends have found a few seated coins) so I don't have a lot of real old coins to show, but I have found my share of Silver. Well I hope to post a lot of finds in the future.

Thanks,
Dpdave38

del
06-13-2012, 07:36 PM
hello Dave , welcome to American Detectorist . the rifleman button must have been a real shocker to find huh:huh: did you find it in OK. would love to see that one up close :yes: i started on the coins but quickley got hooked into relic hunting. glad you joined and hopr your year goes well.

Dan

aloldstuff
06-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Welcome aboard from western MA. As Del stated sure would love to see that button. What type of detector are you using? Looking forward to your future finds and posts.

dpdave38
06-13-2012, 08:34 PM
hello Dave , welcome to American Detectorist . the rifleman button must have been a real shocker to find huh:huh: did you find it in OK. would love to see that one up close :yes: i started on the coins but quickley got hooked into relic hunting. glad you joined and hopr your year goes well.

Dan

Thanks Dan, yes I did find the button in Okla at an area next to an old fort. Sorry for so many photos, the button is very worn, almost like it is 200 years old.lol Hope you can see it good enough to determine what it is. If you look close you can see the word RIFLE along with the horn and some stars. I use to have a photo of a buton like this off of a button site that helped.

Dpdave38

dpdave38
06-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Welcome aboard from western MA. As Del stated sure would love to see that button. What type of detector are you using? Looking forward to your future finds and posts.

aloldstuff, I have several detectors... Whites DFX, Whites V3i, Ace 250, Tesoro Tigershark, Etrac and a XP Deus, but that day I was using my Etrac.

CODY
06-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your finds and post.

Lowjiber
06-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Welcome to the forum from southern Nevada, Dave.

I understand the late 1800's thing. We face the same issue here. If only those darn settlers had started on the west coast. Huh? lol

Anyhoo...Glad to have you aboard.

jkress
06-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Welcome from Iowa Dave. Glad to have you here with us. :clapping:

If only those darn settlers had started on the west coast. Huh? lol

rofl If only. :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
06-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you on board, GL & HH.

OxShoeDrew
06-15-2012, 05:05 AM
Seems like you have an all-star line up of detectors |:cheering:. Continued success and welcome from Connecticut.

dpdave38
06-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the club.

buck57
06-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Welcome dpdave38, from another newbie in Missouri. Only been hunting for 8 months, and I can't get enough of it. I think it's the excitement of not knowing exactly what you find until it comes out of the ground. :grin: Had the opportunity to hunt in a few areas including Scotland last month, but we're still waiting for that first silver. Good hunting Dave, Eric

dpdave38
06-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Welcome dpdave38, from another newbie in Missouri. Only been hunting for 8 months, and I can't get enough of it. I think it's the excitement of not knowing exactly what you find until it comes out of the ground. :grin: Had the opportunity to hunt in a few areas including Scotland last month, but we're still waiting for that first silver. Good hunting Dave, Eric

Thanks Eric, I think this hobby gets in your blood even worse with each find you make and Silver or Gold multiplys the effect.lol Hope you pull some Silver soon, because thier is nothing like the feeling you get, to see a silver coin come out of the ground, compared to a clad.

Best Wishes,

Dave