PDA

View Full Version : New to the site and just wanted to share what I have found this year 2012

dpdave38
06-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey I just joined the site last night and I wanted to share what I have found this year 2012 thus far. (All found in Southeastern Oklahoma) I found 75% of these coins with my Etrac and the others with my XP Deus. If you are wondering what the coin is that has a 3 on it, it is a 3 cent Indian Territory Trade Token. The one lonely barber dime is my oldest silver coin of this year, it is a 1906. The last photo is a couple more Rosies that I found a couple nights ago after the first photo was taken. This gives me a total of 57 Silvers for 2012 which by far is my best year yet.

Thanks for looking,

Dpdave38

Spike
06-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Nice bunch of silvers :shocked04: and welcome you will realy like this forum and all the members |:cheering: |:cheering:

dpdave38
06-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Nice bunch of silvers :shocked04: and welcome you will realy like this forum and all the members |:cheering: |:cheering:

Thanks Spike

aloldstuff
06-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Quite an impressive silver total so far. Overall do you think the etrac has anything over the deus?

Thiltzy
06-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Killing it on the silver. Great job impressive haul.

dpdave38
06-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Quite an impressive silver total so far. Overall do you think the etrac has anything over the deus?
That is a hard question to answer, I love both machines. The funny thing about hunting with the two of them at the same place is, when you think theirs nothing left in the ground change machines and the area you just hunted with the Etrac will start producing again, or when the Deus stops producing the Etrac gets it done. I love the weight of the Deus, but I think the Etrac gets maybe a little deeper. I went out a couple nights ago and hunted a spot that has been good to me this year, hunted with the Etrac and found the last two silvers in the photo above, so I decided to hunt with the Deus the next night out and dang if I didn't find a clad fifty cent piece right where I had been the night before, so I am amazed with both machines.

Dpdave38

dpdave38
06-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Killing it on the silver. Great job impressive haul.

Thanks Thiltzy

bigjohn
06-14-2012, 11:59 AM
You have done very well in finding in finding silver. Let us know what kind of sites you are searching.
Is it old parks, schools, homes or other? Big John

dpdave38
06-14-2012, 12:13 PM
You have done very well in finding in finding silver. Let us know what kind of sites you are searching.
Is it old parks, schools, homes or other? Big John

Big John, I live on Lake Texoma, I have found 90% of these hitting an area old beach and the camp sites around this beach. All these where found in the ground and not in the water. The Barber dime, Walker, 3 cent ITT, couple quarters and several of the dimes came from around older homes in a town near my house.

Dpdave38

jkress
06-14-2012, 02:10 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: Now that's a nice collection there. :clapping: Looks like a silver buffet. lol
2012 is going very well for you. Keep it up.

The silver ring on the right looks like it might have some age to it. Have you found any info about it?

dpdave38
06-14-2012, 02:39 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: Now that's a nice collection there. :clapping: Looks like a silver buffet. lol
2012 is going very well for you. Keep it up.

The silver ring on the right looks like it might have some age to it. Have you found any info about it?

Thanks jkress, I don't know anything about the ring, it was found with the Etrac and was just under the ground, I thought it was going to be a quarter as it rang up 12-46. I have had several folks that wanted to buy it, but I don't sell my finds, so it is in my safe for now.

Dpdave38

Fire Fighter 43
06-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Very nice year so far WTG |:cheering: Good luck with the rest of the season and I'm looking forward to seeing your finds.