PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Florida

Arqangel13
06-15-2012, 02:10 PM
I am new to this forum and I just wanted to say hello. Just started metal detecting so I'm a Noobie, but I hope to be able to contribute with my finds in the near future. Will have to research though, as I am interested in beach and surf detecting. Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks and hello again.
Arq

ScrapMetal
06-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi Arq
Welcome to the forum
I too am fairly new to detecting and this forum. Lots of friendly people with great advice here.
I like to see what people are finding, as for me only newer coins but I have yet to venture to good hunting grounds. I bought a used ACE 250 which I am pleased with. Hope to hear about your finds as you get more experience.

CODY
06-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Can't help you any with the beach hunting. Always wanted to try it. Again welcome and looking forward to your finds and post. HH

Arqangel13
06-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks. I'm actually interested in all types of hunting. It's just since I live in Florida, I thought a good place to start would be the beach/surf. I would also love to hit a battlefield, ghost town, etc. Hope to find something worthy one day and be able to post it in the forum. Take care.
Arq

CODY
06-15-2012, 07:14 PM
What type detector do you use? There is a lot of gold and silver waiting there in the surf and sand. Lots of pop tops too! Hahaha. Good luck to you, lets see those finds.

milco
06-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Hello from Wisconsin, HH!

jkress
06-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Welcome to American Detetorist Arqangel13. Thank you for joining the group. :clapping:

You will enjoy the hobby... especially when you pull your first big chunk of gold from the sand. :smitten:
Ask any questions you may have and let us know how you do on your hunts. :)

aloldstuff
06-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Welcome from western MA. The beach and surf hunters here sure do come up with some great finds. Looking forward to your future finds. What part of Florida?

del
06-16-2012, 07:41 AM
hello and welcome to the forum Arqangel13 , what detectors do you swing now and what part of the state in Florida ar you at ??

Dan

Arqangel13
06-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all of your replies.
I live in Broward County FL, specifically Miramar. I can hunt the beaches from W. Palm Beach to South Beach (Miami Beach). I can probably make it as far down as the Keys, but that would be a long drive. I Figure the Beaches I easily have access to are Ft. Lauderdale, Davie, Hallandale, N. Miami Beach, Miami Beach, etc. I even have access to lakes inside CB Smith and TY park.
As for my detector, I have an old Fisher CZ-20 (Circa 1998), with an 8 coil. Haven't used it that much in the past, but I'm hoping to find the time to use it now. It is waterproof and I think it is rated to 200 ft. depth. It has been so long, I am looking forward to getting back into the hobby. I only had time to use it three times in the past.
I am very happy to be a part of this forum and I am looking forward to contributing. Hopefully, I will have something to contribute soon. Thanks all. Take care. Arq

Fire Fighter 43
06-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin.

Lowjiber
06-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada.

p52ntwrk
06-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Hi there nice to see another person from south Florida. Im in Hollywood.

OxShoeDrew
06-19-2012, 06:56 PM
I look forward to your posts and wish you luck in your research and hunting. Same as real estate, location, location, location. :cheesysmile: Welcome from the nutmeg state. :groovy:

buck57
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Welcome Arqangel13,
I'm a newbie as well. We're up here in Missouri, but wanting to move down to the Sarasota area some day. Want to hunt them beaches also.
Good hunting to ya, Eric