PDA

View Full Version : Only 1 clad dime today

pulltabsteve
06-16-2012, 12:42 PM
But the rest was TOTALLY COOL!!! |:cheering: Mike and I got out at sunrise this morning which is our usual schedule. We hit the field as the sun was rising. We tried a new area and it was very quiet. We wandered for about a mile then saw that a spot we previously hit and pretty much cleaned out was freshly plowed happydance02 We decided to hit it again and we're glad we did. I got what looks like an 1805 and an 1817 large cents. I also got a very shallow 1791 reale, along with a dozen or so flat buttons. The button with the star is pretty cool.
The reale came in as a button. 12-27. On Mikes M6 it came in as a 40. Kind of odd isn't it? Counterfeit maybe?

Cheap Thrills
06-16-2012, 01:07 PM
After reading the topic title I was feeling bad for you , now I'm feeling bad for me .
Great hunt Steve . |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
06-16-2012, 01:24 PM
After reading the topic title I was feeling bad for you , now I'm feeling bad for me .
Great hunt Steve . |:cheering:

rofl Thanks Sheik!

MassDirtFisher
06-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Amazing hunt, Congrats on the nice reale, and loads of other nice finds. Happy Hunting!!

aloldstuff
06-16-2012, 01:39 PM
What a sad title.....very nice group of keepers. Send the reale to me for confirmation lol

Tony Two-Cent
06-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Awesome finds, Steve! Love the large cents! :loveit:

Yeah, the reale has a plated look to it. I would think it should have had a much higher CO number than 27 if it were silver. Perhaps your counterfeit suspicion is warranted. Still a cool find!

Congrats on the great day! :clapping:

del
06-16-2012, 05:40 PM
yeah you suck :eyebrow:

and here i was ready to pass on some encouraging words on to you Steve , but now i think i need them :girlcry: :girlcry: after reading this post lol lol

seriously though have you done any research on that spot in the field , it sounds like an old house residence or tavern might have been there at one time.congrats on the coins my friend . |:confused:) |:confused:)

Dan

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2012, 06:12 PM
:drool: woweee! A great day for a great hunt.

Ill Digger
06-16-2012, 06:43 PM
:confused: So what year is it? :dontknow: The dime I mean. ::huh:: lol

What a sad title....

yeah you suck :eyebrow:

and here i was ready to pass on some encouraging words on to you Steve , but now i think i need them :girlcry: :girlcry: after reading this post lol lol

Yeah you got me too :rolleyes: 8/ lol
Man Steve thats a great hunt! :yes: Just finding one of the LCs would've made my day!
Even if the Reale isn't real, it'e still a real cool find :yes: thumbsup01
Even the buttons are nice finds!
Congrats! :grin:

Fire Fighter 43
06-17-2012, 04:22 PM
:wow: Those are some great finds, WTG |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
06-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Just realized the 1805 is actually an 1835. The heads facing the wrong way but I'll still take it! :cheesysmile:

mike l
06-17-2012, 08:21 PM
That was a great day to be out. Already looking forward to our next visit :beerbuddy:

jkress
06-18-2012, 11:36 PM
8/ Yeah, too bad about the clad dime. lol

Definitely a fantastic hunt in my book... or more accurately my dream book. :drool:
Two early LC's, especially the 1817. :smitten: Then you top it off with a Reale. :perfect10:

Enjoyed the pictures... especially the field shots. :daydream:

Congrats Steve. :beerbuddy: