PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopping Rock hard dirt. 6-18-12

dalewestaby
06-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Ive been park hopping and going to school yards open grass expanses. Here is what I have found in the last 2 weeks of probably 30 hours of detecting. Its slow going in this dry weather. I managed to hit one gold and one silver.

POKIE73
06-18-2012, 08:18 PM
those are some good finds you have there congrats dennis

carl2112
06-18-2012, 08:38 PM
WTG !!!! thats what i usually do i love the parks and schools. :congrats: i need to start branching out in to other citys though im starting to over hunt these same spots. What do you look for when picking a park or school ive been trying to find te older looking schools or parks but after seeing your good jewelry finds maybe i should be going to some more modern schools

elkameno59
06-18-2012, 09:34 PM
nice effort in the bad conditions- I'm waiting until it changes. Rock hard dirt is too tough for me. I might go out and mark some hits with some bamboo skewers until I can get back later.

dalewestaby
06-19-2012, 04:59 AM
My best jewelry finds are at soccer fields where the teams put down their duffel bags. Usually to the side of, or behind the team benches. And of course in woodchips I find jewelery that kids most likely 'borrowed' from mom and it didnt fit their wee size fingers. :cool: I also find a flux in jewelery finds in parks right bottom of hills where people sit. Ive also found multiple rings at baseball fields when there is a grass line behind the home plate, and just inches infront of a shotput pad at highschools. Its all about searching those hot spots Where do the sports kids put down those duffel bags!?

As for old parks... I usually just look up the age of a park, or some parks have EStablished dates right on the signs. And then I put A LOT of hours in

aloldstuff
06-19-2012, 07:02 AM
For bad conditions you have managed some nice finds. Congrats on the 10kt/diamond ring. Thanks also for the insight as to where to hunt and what to look out for.