PDA

View Full Version : ALL IS QUIET ON THE 3030??

Spike
06-19-2012, 10:56 AM
:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :dontknow: No news is proble not good news :blackeye:?

CTDirtFisher
06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Define quiet... I've been out hunting since I got mine... The dog can hunt :-)

I'm using a combined ferrous coin and love that the low and mid conductors pop over TTF on the e-trac...

I hate that I don't have the Sunray X-1 inline probe... I'm also learning that I cleaned most of my spots up pretty well... but I have squeeked out a few more goodies.... but I've olny visited two places that I've huntesd to death so far...

Paul

earthmansurfer
06-19-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm having fun hunting with mine thus far. It does appear to be an excellent machine.

Check my Youtube Channel as I just uploaded some videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/earthmansurfer69?feature=mhee

Albert

Spike
06-19-2012, 10:08 PM
That woke you guys up :grin: I realy want one :envious: mabe this fall :daydream:

jkress
06-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Spike... I'm with you, I love to hear user experiences with the CTX. :smitten:

earthmansurfer... I knew you would be a great one to watch with this new machine. :yes:
Was very impressed with your test - Minelab CTX 3030 Recovey Speed Test

DirtFisher
06-19-2012, 11:28 PM
I've had my CTX for three weeks now. I'm one of the 'guilty' ones for being quiet. But I have a pretty good excuse. My right femoral head was sawed off 5/14 and I have to stay off my new hip for another two or three weeks. So my CTX just sits on the corner looking pretty.

earthmansurfer
06-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Thanks Jkress. It is much faster than the E-Trac that is clear. No biggy with the Monty Nail board fail, I don't expect FBS machines with larger coils to fair well at that. The big question is how the CTX will hunt with that 6 coil. If that coil gets great depth (Like the F75 does with it's 5 coil), then we have a new game with that fast recovery speed - will be separation dream and an unmasking demon. >8)

Albert

Kuletule
06-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I got my machine on May 31. I have been out with it, to sites I have repeatedly hammered with my ETRAC here in Texas. I have made no amazing finds......yet, but I am not really looking to....yet. I have been out with the machine on 5 occasions now, and each time, I have sought to learn the machine's capabilities better.

I can assure anyone however, that this machine is a monster. Once I get it down a bit better, it will start producing. Of that I am sure. I have found 4 silvers with it so far, but in fairness, I might have missed them with the ETRAC by not getting my coil over them. They are produced from a big lot that has given me an 1854 quarter as the oldest specimen.

I plan on hunting a virgin site within the next week or so, to see how she does then. I will report back.

The color screen, along with the ease of use is amazing. Separation is a dream. I am a bit irritated that my 17 inch and 6 inch coils have not arrived however. I REALLY need the 17 inch where I am. and I can hardly wait to see separation aspects of the 6 inch.

I mastered the ETRAC, and it has been incredibly good for my finds. I have amassed 61 silvers this year, and counting. The CTX is going to leave that number in the dust, I truly believe.....

Reporting from Bastrop, Texas

HH

Dennis

CyberSage
06-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Great video demonstrations Albert. Thanks for the efforts! I wish you still had your E-Trac. I know you would have some good comparisons to share with us. Looking forward to some in the ground target results. Looks like the camera mount is still working well for you.

Jack

earthmansurfer
06-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks Jack. I didn't want to sell the E-Trac but the balance did my back in. The E-Trac with the 13 coil is probably really close to the CTX imo. I know it's a bit early but I bet it is - call it an educated hunch. If weight isn't a problem, then I wouldn't upgrade, unless you like the waterproof feature. I'm near flat broke now but the fun factor did it for me ;-)

My virgin spot is closed and I need to find another spot like that one (25 silver rings, 2 gold rings, 5 large silver DMarks, many many deep coins in like 3 months! What a dream spot.) I cleaned out the easy pickings there anyway. Think there are more good spots though - after all, I'm in Germany - not a detecting country overall and those that due are often after relics.

The camera mount will fit but I don't think you should tighten the jaws as much as the CTX has a bit of a rubber grip built in.

Look forward to some silver videos from you. Long time:huh:
Take care,
Albert

midas
06-20-2012, 03:22 PM
I've been following posts/field tests by Woodland Detectors on another forum regarding the CTX3030. Results were fine at the beginning but not so now. and he is a Minelab dealer.

earthmansurfer
06-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Midas - Looks like things are getting hot. He is no longer a dealer for Minelab. From their website: http://www.minelab.com/emea/consumer/knowledge-base/news Woodland Detectors is no longer an Authorised Minelab Dealer 19 Jun 2012

I know he said it was not worth the money and I believe one of his earlier posts wasn't so kind to it. I was sort of shocked but thought it was a breath of fresh air. I think he also posted prices on forums and on most forums that was prohibited via Minelab orders. I'm interested to learn what things he didn't like. Please mention it as I can't find the posts

midas
06-20-2012, 04:40 PM
A link to his posts:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/minelab/297269-whites-v3i-comparison-3030-a.html

rsarge1
06-20-2012, 05:21 PM
interresting glad I am waiting LOL whites is still taking care of me and I am still learning new things about my v3i everyday ::usaflag::
sarge

jkress
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Midas - Looks like things are getting hot. He is no longer a dealer for Minelab. From their website: http://www.minelab.com/emea/consumer/knowledge-base/news Woodland Detectors is no longer an Authorised Minelab Dealer 19 Jun 2012

Wow... that's too bad. Mike seemed like a nice guy the couple of times I talked with him.

Spike
06-20-2012, 10:35 PM
A link to his posts:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/minelab/297269-whites-v3i-comparison-3030-a.html
:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: Something sounds fishy I have owned a whites DFX and now I own a E-trac there is no comparison the E-trac to me is much better now as for the V3i :dontknow: it has to be a good detector for sure But knowone can tell me that the 3030 is not in the leage as the MXT or V3i even if the 3030 is no better than the E-trac it would still be more than up to the challenge of any whites detectors not to say better :rolleyes: It just sounded to me like he had a fallout with minelab and was getting :beatdown: back at them >8)

Epi-hunter
06-20-2012, 10:59 PM
IMHO, we should all put as much time into learning the detectors we have as in wondering what incremental features the new ones might offer. :)

The faster processor and better balance is nice; the lack of SunRay probe is not. No one will be able to give a reliable, fair, unbiased assessment of how it does next to an E-Trac for a long while yet. The user is just too big of a factor (it is by far the biggest factor).

I have seen so many people pull so many silver coins with the E-Trac that it would take a lot of convincing for me to believe that these same people could pull even MORE coins with the 3030. I don't think these people are missing anything that the 3030 would pick up. There you have the user contribution effect, again. Just my opinion.

Spike
06-21-2012, 10:18 AM
My thought exactly I had a buddy that was using a whites XLT (very good detector) when I bought my E-trac and he :blackeye: several times before I learned my detector but now that I leared it he quit huntin with me :poke: :poke: rofl

earthmansurfer
06-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Epi-Hunter - I agree as well. Just a note regarding the CTX - something that stands out about it. It is MUCH FASTER than the E-Trac. Now, I don't know how much that is going to help in it's unmasking abilities, but I have a feeling it will be noticeable in certain conditions and situations. The thing is, the E-Trac unmasked really well in moderate + iron I thought, and yet I could swing it at a medium to slow+ speed and it worked just as good in both (but not too slow). So I wonder, with all the extra speed, with the pre-processing in the coil (a way to speed up time domain stuff maybe) and maybe that ferrous coin setting which seems better than the high trash setting to most users thus far, just how much better the CTX might be after we learn it's in's and outs.

I do hope Minelab releases some nice upgrade performance features like they did on the Deus, and not just more menu options (which I would like. e.g. - iron volume & 50 CO with an iron bin ;-)

Albert

jkress
06-22-2012, 12:37 AM
IMHO, we should all put as much time into learning the detectors we have as in wondering what incremental features the new ones might offer. :)

GOLD!!! thumbsup01

Spike
06-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Almost sounded like she was scolding us :( :blush: :blush: crying01 lol