PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Private Property (Neighbors)

aloldstuff
06-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Seeing that we are having a heat wave coming real soon I decided to go out and do some hunting tonight. The 1st time I was at this location my V3i was very chatty but I did get a rosie and a wheat. This time I lowered the sensitivity and did alot better. Managed a 1963 wash quarter, 1890 V, 1908 IH, 6 wheats and a silver plated fork plus a ox knob.

Thanks for reading

Tony Two-Cent
06-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Hey, that was a very nice hunt, Al! Silver, V Nickel, Indian Head and wheaties! happydance02

The heat wave is already here in central Illinois, unfortunately. Temps in the 90s all week and no rain in the forecast. Impossible to hunt, so I get my fix from reading about successful hunts like yours!

:congrats:

CODY
06-19-2012, 08:08 PM
WOW, what a haul, :congrats:

POKIE73
06-19-2012, 08:19 PM
i am about f the same midset as tony on the above post to dry and way too hot i get out for a hour but i gets too hot and humid to do much so i have to look and enjoy what some of the others that are enjoyin a itttle better weather congrats on your finds and good luck hunting

aloldstuff
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Hey, that was a very nice hunt, Al! Silver, V Nickel, Indian Head and wheaties! happydance02

The heat wave is already here in central Illinois, unfortunately. Temps in the 90s all week and no rain in the forecast. Impossible to hunt, so I get my fix from reading about successful hunts like yours!

:congrats:

Thanks Tony, I got some good news the other day. My favorite fields are susposedly cut. The farmers last year gave up on the dairy operation and just let the fields go. These fields have produced seated, barber, merc, rosie, LC, IH, wheats, 2 cent and some great RR tags. I will be checking them out tomorrow and hopefully Tim and I will be there Friday.

milco
06-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Great lookin' hunt! Hope the fields you are talking about are cut down and ready to go too!

jkress
06-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Can't ask for much better than those keepers. :clapping:
Love the silver quarter :smitten: of the bunch but the IH and V make a very happy detectorist. :yes:

aloldstuff
06-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Great lookin' hunt! Hope the fields you are talking about are cut down and ready to go too!

I stopped by the farm last night and yes the fields are cut. Sad news is that the farmers have rented them all out to another famer and he has planted some corn. Looks like we will have to wait for the crops to come in. Oh well....

dpdave38
06-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Awesome hunt :congrats:

Dpdave38

Fire Fighter 43
06-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Very nice, Congrats on the silver and Indian |:cheering: