PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Missouri

buck57
06-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi everyone. Been detecting since Nov of last year and have some nice finds from Va, Mo and Scotland. Was a member of the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum, but they weren't too friendly. Also a member of the Detecting Scotland Forum, and they are a bunch of good ole boys over there.
We're located in mid Mo and have a small town that allows detecting in all 14 parks.
(OOppssss, realy 12 parks, but knock out three of those since they are cemetary's. Don't know why they classify them as a park.)

Love this hobby and just can't get enough of it. Good hunting every one. :grin: :grin:

del
06-20-2012, 10:51 AM
hello Buck and welcome to American Detectorist :grin: sounds like you've been to some great locations to detect , whats some of your better finds ?? whats your detector of choice ?? glad you found us here and HH.

Dan

buck57
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi del, and thank you. Found some interesting finds when we went to Scotland last month to visit the wife's family. Oldest was a 1860 coin, and some older iron pieces. Even had an invite to go detecting with one of the forum members, and found an old medallion. Here is Mo, in the last two weeks, I have found 4 wheaties dated; 1910, 1911, 1915 and 1921. Also two civil war bullets. I have the Garrett AT Pro with the Pro Pointer. I'll be posting my pic's soon.
Thanks again for the welcome Dan, and good hunting to ya :grin:. Eric

aloldstuff
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Buck, welcome from western MA. There have been a lot of great finds posted by people using the AT Pro. I spent a year in O'Fallon MO way back when. Looking forward to your future posts.

Tony Two-Cent
06-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Hello, neighbor to the west! Glad you joined us here! |:cheering:

Fourteen parks to hunt in your town? That sounds like heaven to me! Old parks are my favorite places to hunt. I would also LOVE the opportunity to hunt in the UK or anywhere in Europe! So much history over there!

Welcome to American Detectorist and best of luck with your hunting! thumbsup01

Tony

buck57
06-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome aloldstuff and Tony Two-Cent.
We are about 9 miles from the town of Boonville, and there are some old parks. Couple started in the 1800's. Also working an old military school which opened in 1844. Found a few school medallions and my 4 wheaties, and only been hunting it for about three weeks. There is some serious history over in the UK. Them detector it's don't get excited until they get the 1700's and older. :grin: We have plans to go back next May, and already have two invites to go hunt.
Good hunting to you guys. Be watching for my pic's. ;). Eric

dpdave38
06-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Welcome Buck57, as you know I am new to this site also, but the guys and gals seem to be very friendly. Hope to see you posting Silver soon and lots of other great finds.
Good Hunting,

Dpdave38

buck57
06-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks Dave. There is some friendly folks here on the forum. I'll be posting pic's in the next day or two. Good hunting. thumbsup01

CODY
06-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. WOW! Scotland! Would love to see some pics of your finds. Looking forward to your future post and finds! HH

buck57
06-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks Cody.
We'll be putting some pic's of my Scotland finds, and other recent finds shortly.
Eric

OxShoeDrew
06-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I hope you like it here Eric...and we're happy to have you. Did you start out with the ATpro?

buck57
06-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks OxShoeDrew. I like this forum a lot better than the last one we were on. Yea, I started with the AT Pro. I was wanting some thing to hunt every where; woods, fields, beach, streams and any other terrain I find my self, and this one seam to,do it all. So far, we are very happy with it. Good hunting to you. thumbsup01. Eric

jkress
06-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Welcome aboard buck57. :clapping:
You've got quite the range of hunting sites. :yes: :daydream:
14 parks... :smitten: Can't wait to see your keepers. :->

Lowjiber
06-22-2012, 05:12 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada, Buck.

I was born and raised in Devils Elbow, Mo.

Glad to have you aboard.

buck57
06-22-2012, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the welcome jkress & Lowjiber. :) Yea we are lucky to have so many areas close to the house. :cheesysmile: I'll be posting a few pic's this weekend from these parks. I have one post under Relics for my Scotland Finds. I haven't heard of Devils Elbow, but didn't grow up in Mo. Settled here after retiring from the USAF. My folks live just a spit away from Manassas Battle Field Park in Va. Hey Lowjiber, I'll be down in your neck of the woods next month. The wife and I are heading to Vegas. Good hunting guys, thumbsup01 Eric

Mudder
06-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi Buck, sounds like you have made a good start, and in my opinion you have selected the right detector (mine is in the mail now). I have been hunting with the ACE 250 and finally broke down and ordered a Pro. Will definately be asking for tips. thumbsup01

buck57
06-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks Mudder,
I really like the Pro, but I never used any thing else. We'll try to help in any way we can, but there are some good videos out on the Garrett site which demonstrates how to use. Good hunting to ya, thumbsup01. Eric

Fire Fighter 43
06-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm glad to see you found us, with you being from a small town I'm sure you will like the feel of our forum, HH

buck57
06-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks there Fire Fighter 43. :) Not really from here in Missouri, just settled down in this area after serving 20 yrs in the USAF. ::usaflag:: Wish I took up metal detecting sooner, with all the different places we lived at, but trying to make up for that now. Good hunting to ya Fire Fighter. thumbsup01 Eric

Epi-hunter
06-26-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm late on this, but welcome. I am glad you found us. :)

buck57
06-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome there Emily. Great forum here. :grin: Good on ya and happy hunting, thumbsup01 Eric