PDA

View Full Version : One more Merc

hoser
03-18-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm working nights this week so I got up kinda early and it was so nice out I thought I would go out for an hour hunt in a vacant field across from the soccer field I have been hunting. Its a huge field so I did a helter-skelter hunt to see what I could turn up. After about ten minutes I got a solid 11-46. What a sweet sound that makes. The machine said the target was 6-7 and that is where I found my third silver in a week. Compared to Angel's finds it's nothing but compared to last years hunting it is a MAJOR milestone for me. A 1929 D in VF condition. This new machine has me pumped right up. Sorry I didn't take any pics. :embarrassed:

angellionel
03-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Congrats, hoser! It looks like you will be doing quite well with your new machine. thumbsup01

hoser
03-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Angel I have a million miles to go before I fully understand this machine but it will come. I'm gonna grid this place, 40' square at a time and dig everything. Only then will I start getting some understanding what I'm hearing and seeing on the screen. Next time I go I'll take a few pics of the place. :yes:

Beefcake
03-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow Hoser... You're slayin' it so far... Much better than me at this point that's for sure!

leslie(nova scotia)
03-19-2010, 03:52 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice scoff there me bouy. Getting to be one with your new machine!

CTDirtFisher
03-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Silver is silver and I'm with you... I have about 30 hunts with my E-Trfac and I know I have lots more to learn...

Grats on the Merc!

coinnut
03-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Glad you had a good hunt. I think you will like this machine. Everytime I think I have it figured out, it always surprises me lol I''ve had it since it came out and I still don't get it all ;) I never thought the numbers 12-46 would mean anything in life until now rofl

SeabeeRon
03-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Good job Hoser, keep em coming!! :yes:

too_pointer
03-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Congrats Hoser, you are doing great ! ;) I thought with your new machine I might have a chance on keeping up, but I don't think so LOL. Looking forward to getting out with you again.
too_

Epi-hunter
03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
That's great Bill! Don't those silver dimes sound beautiful?? I love hearing that tone :yes: Keep it up, you are in for a very good year! thumbsup01