PDA

View Full Version : I just KNEW there was a silver here!

Snapolson
06-21-2012, 07:17 AM
lol Yeah, there's this empty lot a block away from me that I've been hitting since last year. I've found some cool things along with some clad and a bunch of wheat pennies, even a totally rusted .38 revolver!! Well, I kept saying to myself that there has to be a silver in there somewhere and yesterday I found one... a 1925 Mercury dime! Oh yeah!! :happydance01:

So, on a side story, I've been telling the next door neighbor about my cool finds for a while now, and he and his son have been wanting to try the hobby. I gave the guy's kid my first detector, a Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100, and one of those starter pin-pointers they throw in. On Monday he had me over to check out his yard. I showed the kid how to use the detector and how to cut a plug and all that and away we went. I used my gear and found the 1953 CT license plate tag and the 1941 wheat penny. I also took a photo of him with the first coin he found, a clad dime. He was sure happy.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting! :groovy:

aloldstuff
06-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Going with your gut feeling, got yourself a merc and created a new metal detectorist. Congrats on both accounts

Ill Digger
06-21-2012, 07:23 PM
thumbsup01 Nice!! Your persistence payed off! <:
Congrats on the Merc! :grin:
And it was really cool of you to give the neighbor kid your old detector |:cheering:

jkress
06-22-2012, 12:15 AM
:perfect10: All around. thumbsup01
Great post Snapolson and congratulations on the Merc. :beerbuddy:

CODY
06-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Outstanding!

AmxFred
06-22-2012, 09:56 AM
There is nothing ever like your first find! :happy: