PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Finds

buck57
06-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi all,
Went across the big pond to visit my wife's cousin and her family in Scotland. What an adventure that was. :omg: Before going, I joined the Detecting Scotland Forum and was talking those guys about detecting and the laws over there. They are a bunch of the most friendliest helpfull folks, and even got an invite to go detecting with one of the members, Jim, who is a super guy. Most of my detecting was in the small town of Muirkork on a 2,000 acre sheep farm, which I was allowed permission on starting my third day there. Below are a few of my pic's from my hunts. :) Good hunting every one, thumbsup01 Eric

[attachimg=1]
An WWII Arc Light carbon Rod found on the old railway bed.

[attachimg=2]
Me detecting while Jim holds up his best find of the day. A coin estimate dated at early 1700's.

[attachimg=3]
Part of our finds for one day.

[attachimg=6]
Medallion found in the cousin's back yard.

[attachimg=7]
My finds for the two weeks. Oldest coin, matched up to a coin my wife's cousin had was a &quot:beerbuddy:un Head dated 1860.

del
06-21-2012, 12:55 PM
sounds like a great adventure over there Eric , congrats on the finds and nice pictures too.

Dan

buck57
06-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks Dan,
This was my first post and had a heck of a time putting pic's on. I tried removing the last two (big ones) but couldn't figure out how. Well have all the same size pic's next time. Scotland was fantastic, and already have plans on going back next year. Even have two invites from the Detecting Scotland members to take me out again. One area is a Roman Wall (Antonine) dated AD142 :omg: That will be pretty cool. Good hunting del. thumbsup01

del
06-21-2012, 02:51 PM
hey Eric , i think you can always go back and hit the modify button on your original post and then go down to the grey boxes and uncheck the attached pictures you don't want on that post anymore . but i like the larger closeup ones . it can be tricky to resize the picture to just the right size and might take you a few tries. it did fo me anyways.

it sounds like a great old historic area hope you get more chances to go back.

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
06-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. congrats on the digs, WTG |:cheering:

buck57
06-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks there Fire Fighter 43. Can't wait to go back next year. :) Good hunting to you again, Fire Fighter. thumbsup01 Eric

Coinhunter13
06-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Nice finds, cant wait to start making my own discoveries, heading out to purchase a garrett pro pointer, then hitting the backyard. I will let you know how I do.'

Kelly

buck57
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks there Coinhunter. :) You'll really enjoy that Pro Pointer. :grin: I won't leave home with out mine. Good hunting kelly, thumbsup01 Eric

Coinhunter13
06-27-2012, 10:36 AM
The store didn't have a pro pointer in stock, :( but the ordered one and it should be in today, can't wait, without it I havent mastered the art of pinpointing with my ACE and have only found pulltabs and junk so far, still only have hunted in my yard trying to get used to it. But once Ii have the PP I am going to hit some public parks and swimming areas.

Kelly

Well just finished hunting a soccer and baseball field, after two hours came up with 7 pulltabs, 2 bottle caps, 2 pieces of wire and 84 cents in clad, 3 quarter, 1 nickel and 4 pennys. Still no pro pointer but getting the hang of pinpointing with my ACE. HH Kelly

buck57
06-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Great job Kelly. :clapping:. Practice makes perfect. :grin:. Good hunting to ya, thumbsup01. Eric