PDA

View Full Version : Further Adventures of me and my new E-Trac Part 1

starman2
06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi everyone! :groovy: Been trying to post. But needed to have the E-Trac surgically removed from my arm lol! Last time I posted was June 3rd. So I have some catching up to do. Too many photo's for one topic. So I'm making a part 1, and part 2. Please bare with me! Of course, I have been using the E-Trac. And what a detector it is! :wow: I'm going to list my hunts by number. After my last post. Hunt #1 On the 4th. I made a couple short hunts at 2 old farm houses. That I had gained permission to detect. It has been so dry here. That I didn't stay to long at the first house. I didn't like the way my holes looked in the grass. But was able to pull a few Wheaties, and a .925 heart charm. Visited the second house, that afternoon. Just to check it out. Found a few Wheaties very close to the surface. But I'll have to wait for some rain before I go back to either places. Hunt#2 The next morning. I visited the nature center again. After finding the other 6 silver dimes. I didn't know what to expect. Ended up finding that half dollar. But alas, it was a 1971 Kennedy. About 7 years to young :crying02: . Also Some wheaties, and a 1952 Rosie. along with some clad. The half screamed at me!! At that point I had to leave town for the better part of a week. Didn't get in any detecting done at all. Brought it with me. But didn't have the chance. crying01. Got home on the 16th. Which was last Saturday. Sunday morning I was up with the sun, and gone with the wind! In the A.M. Visited the private park, that I've hammered. Going over the same spots I have gone over so many times. A 1914 Barber dime screamed out at me, Dig Here! Dig Here! That got me excited! Also dug a 10K Gold filled mens wedding band. And of course a few Wheaties, and some more clad. It was a very good start to the day. That afternoon I decided to try an old school. Where I had went to Kindergarten. But has since changed into a Luthern School. It was late afternoon. So I didn't have too much time. But another first for me took place that day. Along with a badly stained 1954 Rosie. I found my first War Nickle. A 1943-S happydance02!! A little clad. Then the mosquitos started. So that was the end of that day. And the end of part 1 of this story. Thanks for looking! HH ::usaflag::

Cheap Thrills
06-21-2012, 03:11 PM
You're a Star Man !! Nice going and great pictures . :perfect10: :clapping:

POKIE73
06-21-2012, 08:39 PM
congrats on some great finds you have to love that etrac i know i do mine again great hunt denis

p52ntwrk
06-21-2012, 09:28 PM
i have aspirations to be as successful as you :) one question. whats the heart a charm / dog tag? does it have any engraving? congratulations on your awesome finds. lucky lucky lucky :beerbuddy: cheers

starman2
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
i have aspirations to be as successful as you :) one question. whats the heart a charm / dog tag? does it have any engraving? congratulations on your awesome finds. lucky lucky lucky :beerbuddy: cheers
It didn't say anything but .925. But maybe it was a lucky charm!