PDA

View Full Version : Two Bits of Silver

milco
06-23-2012, 08:37 AM
I wanted to hook up with matmit and airforcemike (from FMDF) last weekend at a school construction project but it did not work out. I did manage to squeeze in a short 45 minute hunt there on Sat evening later though and found this small .925 girls ring and some clad.
[attachimg=1]

On Wednesday morning I decided I had had enough of the mid 90 degree weather and got up early and went down to Bradford Beach at 4:30am. No one was there when I got there except a few joggers passing by and policemen on patrol. I hunted for 2 hours. When I left for work at 6:30 there were five other guys on the beach detecting! I rarely see any other MDers around town. Would have stuck around to chat but they were hard at work and I had to go to work. I did find a bunch of clad and this silver/gold pendant.

[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]
[attachimg=5]

aloldstuff
06-23-2012, 11:13 AM
I know what you mean about the heat. Very nice pendant. Maybe next time you'll be able to chit chat with the other detectorists. The ring is cool looking also

Ill Digger
06-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Nice finds Darren! |:cheering:
The pendent is cool and the ring is a unique design too thumbsup01 :cool:
Win, win if you ask me!!
Congrats! :grin:

POKIE73
06-23-2012, 12:00 PM
congrats on all your finds i always like to find a ring dennis

Tony Two-Cent
06-23-2012, 02:02 PM
When I saw Two Bits in the title I was expecting a quarter! lol

Congrats on the two very nice pieces of silver! I wonder if the pendant is supposed to represent the Capricorn zodiac sign?

Nice hunt! :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
06-23-2012, 04:13 PM
WTG Darren, the ring is cool find. I wonder if those early bird detectorist are there every morning? If they are then I know why I do not find much gold down there.

jkress
06-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Good stuff Darren. :clapping: I like the ring. It has a unique design.
Great pictures, especially the sunrise. :smitten:
Congrats.

When I saw Two Bits in the title I was expecting a quarter! lol

rofl Me too.

milco
06-24-2012, 07:05 AM
I wonder if those early bird detectorist are there every morning? If they are then I know why I do not find much gold down there.

I was wondering the same thing?? I don't hunt the beaches that much, and I have never found too much either.

starman2
06-24-2012, 02:57 PM
:perfect10:! Congrats on some nice finds! Nice ring, and pendent! :cheering: