PDA

View Full Version : Hit a few silvers and injuns :)

Hook
06-23-2012, 08:42 PM
I managed to beat the heat this morning and hit a couple of my spots i've done well in the past at. First location only gave up a few wheats, so i moved down the street to a big empty lot where i've pulled silver washingtons, rosies, and also a walker.
First target there this am was the 35 merc at about 4 inches. sweet! a little while later i dug my 5th IH here in louisiana,a 1905, and this one i actually called before i dug. I was thinking, i bet this one is an injun..and it was! :shocked03:
total for this morning was a lot of trash, a couple bucks in clad, the merc and the 1905 IH.

also pictured are a few silvers and a 1901 IH i have pulled in a few hunts that i never posted.
Thanks for looking, and happy hunting!

PS...i will be swinging an etrac soon. Lord knows how long this learning curve will be!! :crazy:

dalewestaby
06-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Lucky! I havent found an injun in a lonnnng time! Going out for a night hunt tonight, wish me luck. What have you been hunting with if not an etrac, mine is a Atpro

Hook
06-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Lucky! I havent found an injun in a lonnnng time! Going out for a night hunt tonight, wish me luck. What have you been hunting with if not an etrac, mine is a Atpro

i swing an ace 250 . had it for about 3 years now, and know it well. i actually called the IH i dug today before i dug it. first time for me doing that with an IH i tell ya lol.

Ill Digger
06-24-2012, 12:27 AM
Looks like you've been doin' pretty darn good!
Don't ya love it it when you call it before you dig it............ and your right! <: lol
Nice finds!
Congrats!! :grin:

PS...i will be swinging an etrac soon. Lord knows how long this learning curve will be!! :crazy:
You'll be fine. thumbsup01 It'll be short....and SWEET!! :smitten:

Hook
06-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Looks like you've been doin' pretty darn good!
Don't ya love it it when you call it before you dig it............ and your right! <: lol
Nice finds!
Congrats!! :grin: You'll be fine. thumbsup01 It'll be short....and SWEET!! :smitten:

yep its cool to call em lol. i hope you're right about the learning curve. i'vebeen reading everything i can on the trac..and i have Angel's settings ready to load up and then i'm going to see how many goodies i can find here in cajun country! :cheesysmile:

Tony Two-Cent
06-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Congrats on the Indian Head and silver dimes! :clapping:

Learning to use an E-Trac really isn't that complicated. Once you have the settings established you can pretty much leave them alone, except for slight tweaks according to how much trash is at a specific site. I don't know anyone who owns an E-Trac who doesn't love it! I predict you will too.

buck57
06-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Great morning hunt there Hook. :wow:. Keep up the good work, and happy hunting. thumbsup01. Eric

dalewestaby
06-24-2012, 07:41 AM
I just need to find that one diamond ring to fund my etrac :tongue: I started with an ace250 also and found a gold chain which was just enough of a trade in to fund my Atpro

aloldstuff
06-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Very nice early morning hunt, silvers and a IH. Let us know of how well you progress on the Etrac

starman2
06-24-2012, 02:54 PM
:perfect10:! A bunch of nice finds! Congrats! As far as the learning curve on the E-Trac. Your going to love it, right out of the box! Just follow Angels tips. And you'll be diggin plenty!! Can't wait till you start posting, once you get the etrac. Enjoy!1 ::usaflag::

Hook
06-24-2012, 05:11 PM
thanks for all the kind comments fellow diggers :yes:
Once i get the etrac, hopefully i'll be posting some finds like the rest of you guys do regularly ! Swing on!!

elkameno59
06-25-2012, 06:59 PM
A friend has a etrack and he is still in love with it. Me - I have my Ace-350 and love it. Just as soon as I figure out how to post pictures I'm showing my latest finds- . Maybe after the holiday I'll have time to try. Nice finds .