PDA

View Full Version : Last couple of hunts get me some keepers. (Updates pics)

Snapolson
06-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Here are the finds from my last two hunts near my home. I also found a handful of clad but no pics of that. The cool little bottle was on the surface! I thought the Merc was a clad dime until I turned it over and saw the fasces on the back. Other than that, no interesting stories to go with them, just the usual rain, heat, and bugs! lol Hope everyone is getting out there beeping. Happy hunting! :groovy:

PS I just cleaned the Merc up with some baking soda. At first it didn't make a dent. Then I tried a little Tarnx. That turned the coin white like it was painted. I put it back in some more baking soda and it brought back the luster. Boy, it's in real nice shape. Probably dropped right after mintage.

OxShoeDrew
06-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Very cool bridge token, can you date the bottle?

aloldstuff
06-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Very nice bottle and that sure is one dirty merc. I have been out swinging but nothing except wheaties......

starman2
06-25-2012, 02:52 PM
:perfect10:!! Nice finds!! I agree with the rest. The bottle is cool! Great clean job on the Merc. I'll keep your formula in mind. Congrats! :waving:

p52ntwrk
06-25-2012, 03:17 PM
i love tokens i just found one from a game lounge we used to have around here years ago called grand prix.

Thiltzy
06-25-2012, 07:29 PM
That merc cleaned up nice. Great job on the macro pictures. Very crisp

JTGOLD
06-26-2012, 08:02 AM
neat bottle and token and very nice merc.