PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Minnesota

Vinny Barberino
06-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Hello forum !!

I have been hunting for 20 years in the southern part of Minnesota. My weapon of choice is the White's V3i and my best spots are all Hunted Out.

I want to thank everyone in advance for the knowlege I'm sure to gain. :grouphug:

Vin

p52ntwrk
06-26-2012, 09:42 PM
hello there and let me be the first to welcome you to a wonderful community :grouphug:

i just started not to long ago and live in south florida.
not much relics here but i find alot of coins and weird stuff with the occasional jewelry here and there.

glad you joined. :waving:

jkress
06-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Welcome from Iowa Vinny. Glad you joined our group. :clapping:
I'm with you... the 'Hunted Out' parks are my bread and butter. :peace:

Looking forward to your posts. :->

Epi-hunter
06-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Welcome :) Mostly a Minelab user here (I have a v3i also) but I like the hunted out parks too :)

Glad you found the forum!

del
06-27-2012, 03:19 AM
hello and welcome to the forum , tell me Vin what is your most memorable find in 20 years ??

Dan

Lowjiber
06-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada.

I like hunted out places...not much clad to mess with. |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
06-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

I, too, love hunted out parks! :smitten:

Glad to have you here on American Detectorist, Vinny! :clapping:

aloldstuff
06-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Welcome from western MA. I also am running with the V3i. Hunted out, surley you jest. I worked for Schwans for many years and have spent some time in Marshall, MN. Looking forward to your future posts and any finds that you have made previously. We all love pictures.

buck57
06-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Welcome from Missouri Vinny. :waving: We're hunting a dozen parks down here, and don't really know how much activity they have had :confused: As much clad as we are pulling out, I would say semi virgin territory. :envious: Well, good hunting to you Vin thumbsup01 and don't for get to post some pic's. You bound to have some good stuff in your pile that we could view from the the past 20 yrs. :shocked03: Eric

OxShoeDrew
06-27-2012, 05:54 PM
I was going to say up your nose with a rubber hose but it occurred to me that VB is your real name. lol ::huh:: In any event welcome to the forum and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here. :groovy:

Vinny Barberino
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

hello and welcome to the forum , tell me Vin what is your most memorable find in 20 years ??

Dan

My most memorable find in 20 years of metal detecting is a hard question for me. We all love digging OLD silver, finding a ring that’s not junk or finding a civil war era bullet/artifact. My favorite finds are the quirky items where I need to look them up to see what heck it is and how old. One of my favorite items is this trade token from my home town. It has all the info on it I should need to find out how old and get the history of it…I can’t find a thing and haven’t seen another one.

Vinny Barberino
06-27-2012, 06:29 PM
here is the back

Vinny Barberino
06-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Welcome from western MA. I also am running with the V3i. Hunted out, surley you jest. I worked for Schwans for many years and have spent some time in Marshall, MN. Looking forward to your future posts and any finds that you have made previously. We all love pictures.

Here is my favorite find from 2012 so far!!!

Boy Scout neckerchief slide from the 50’s. It says “Strengthen the arm of Liberty” on it.

Fire Fighter 43
06-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm glad to see another Midwesterner found us. HH

Coinhunter13
06-29-2012, 06:00 AM
Welcome to the forum neighbor !! I am new also here and new to detecting, just starting out in SE Wisconsin. Your token and BS slide are awesome, they are the kinds of things I am looking forward to finding. HH

Kelly

Vinny Barberino
06-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks Kelly!

Everyone here likes pictures so I plan to post all my new stuff and put on some of my what is its?

Good luck to you on your new hobby!! :groovy:

Vin