PDA

View Full Version : Another Dime for my Time

starman2
06-29-2012, 12:57 PM
:waving: Hi All! Got out again this morning just before sunrise. Didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night. But set the alarm. Figured I would see what I felt like, when it woke me up. Well I woke up with silver on my brain. So I drug myself out of bed :goodnight:. Knew I was going back to the park. But didn't know where I was going to hunt. Decided on an area between the pavilion and the bathrooms. It's not a large area. But it has surprised me with a silver a couple of times. I started working along some old posts, that were put in for the parking area. Made one pass from the pavilion to the bathrooms. Working the coil between the posts and part of the parking area. Got to the bathroom structure. Turned around to start my second pass. Took a couple of swings. And Bam! Caught the sweet sound of a dime. I couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw the shiny edge of the 1953-D Rosie staring up at me! <: Especially since it was not even completely light yet! The rest of the morning was pretty much uneventful. With $.75 in clad. And a few memorials. The newer pennies sound alot like a dime on the e-trac. But when you do pass over that silver dime. You can really hear the difference! It's hard for me to believe how much silver I have found, Since I started using the E-Trac. Especially Knowing how many times, I had worked these areas before. It's one faithfull machine. My detector battery ran out. And my battery was dead too. So I called it a day :white:usaflag::. Thanks for lookin! :groovy: HH

Fire Fighter 43
06-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Congrats on another silver for the collection |:cheering:

buck57
06-29-2012, 08:03 PM
:hysterical:Great job there starman2. |:cheering:. Got to love hunting them parks. :smitten:. Good hunting to ya, thumbsup01. Eric

AmxFred
06-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Congratulations! Happy hunting. happydance02

Tony Two-Cent
06-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Congrats on the silver! Gotta love the E-Trac! :smitten:

POKIE73
06-29-2012, 09:21 PM
congrats on a great hunt i also have to agree with tony from the last post the e trac is a great machine for me its like starting over good luck dennis

RaZR
06-30-2012, 01:54 PM
What are you using to cut through the rock hard ground that we used to call Michigan? :hysterical:

I have been out pulling surface quarters with my DFX w/Bigfoot. And pulling more wheat pennies out of the lake with my BHID. But the ground is just too hard to dig at the parks and schools around here. Like you said it's all packed hard dust under the grass.

Congrats on all that silver you're finding with the NEW E-trac. They are great for finding the deep silver, ain't they?

Keep it up starman. It's gotta rain again someday, doesn't it? >:/

leslie(nova scotia)
07-01-2012, 07:46 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....looks as if you went deep fur dat silver. Gud job! <;)

starman2
07-01-2012, 12:02 PM
What are you using to cut through the rock hard ground that we used to call Michigan? :hysterical:

I have been out pulling surface quarters with my DFX w/Bigfoot. And pulling more wheat pennies out of the lake with my BHID. But the ground is just too hard to dig at the parks and schools around here. Like you said it's all packed hard dust under the grass.

Congrats on all that silver you're finding with the NEW E-trac. They are great for finding the deep silver, ain't they?

Keep it up starman. It's gotta rain again someday, doesn't it? >:/
Just usin the Leache. Workin it back and forth until the ground starts to give way. I also tried a ball field at a school. Couldn't get it to budge. Ended up under some large trees. It's a little easier there. HH!