PDA

View Full Version : More Wheats and Silver (Depending on who you ask)

z118
03-19-2010, 08:09 PM
I hit two local spots tonight... the first is where I scored some wheats, a Merc, and my first Buff earlier this week. Not too much happening tonight, though I did manage 4 more wheats. The second spot is where I scored a WLH last weekend. Once again I was struggling with broken signals which would half null and half sound good. Some prove to be deep rust nails and some prove to be deep older coins. Tonight the keepers were a badly corroded Falsa Pecunia Play Money nickel dated 1962, two more wheats, and as my final target a 1945 war nickel. I know you don't all count them as silver but dang it I've got to take what I can get so you can bet it counts as silver in my book! Not many other finds tonight - a bit of clad including a Susan B dollar, a key, and an odd pin with a nice tesselation on it.

Looking forward to getting out tomorrow - planning on doing the tot lot thing.

Happy hunting!

angellionel
03-19-2010, 08:39 PM
I too love finding those wartime silver nickels. They hold up well, and they make for an exciting find. :yes: Good hunt, Z. I wish you more success on your next hunt. thumbsup01

coinnut
03-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Great little hunt. Of course you got to count them war nickels (at least 1/2 silver anyways lol) So far you are doing pretty good this year. We always watch silver, but it's unbelievable just how many wheats are buried in the dirt :confused: Has to be hundreds of thousands still left. Regroup and hit some sites again. thumbsup01