PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Scotland

paisleypcdoc
07-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi,
Thanks for letting me on the forum.

My name is Michael and I live in Scotland. Hope to chat with you all about metal detecting.
Thanks.

-Michael.

del
07-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Welcome Michael , glad to have you here . :waving:
how long have you been swinging a detector and what sort of things have you've found??
its beautiful country your in and hope to visit one day to see my wife's side of the family , they are Gemmells .

Dan

Coinhunter13
07-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Michael, also looking forward to chatting with you and sharing experiences, I am from South Eastern Wisconsin in the USA. Happy Hunting

Kelly

Tony Two-Cent
07-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Happy to have you here, Michael! :clapping:

I bet there are some fascinating finds to be made in Scotland! :)

Can't wait to hear about your experiences.

Best of luck and happy hunting! thumbsup01

angellionel
07-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Welcome aboard Michael! |:cheering:

paisleypcdoc
07-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm a newbie detectorist, havent found much to speak off- but I did buy my metal detector and pointer with money I made selling a gold ring I found with a toy metal detector :cheering: (owner untraceable).

Yes, lots of interesting things buried in scotland. A couple of weeks ago, a guy found some ancient gold necklaces 7 foot from his car on his first day metal detecting! They were of huge historical value. They were made with a blend of scottish and mediterrainian techniques. Historians believed the villages at that time to be totally isolated, but these proved international trading. Oh- and they netted him a cool $1.5 Million!!

Hope I'm that lucky!

Anyway- if you get the chance- check out the video I posted about my Detectorpro Pistol probe. Need some help from anyone who's familiar with them (nobody has them in UK).

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=10474.0

Thanks again!

-Michael.

Lowjiber
07-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Welcome aboard from southern Nevada.

I've played a bit-o-golf in your beautiful country. It's fabulous.

buck57
07-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Welcome from Missouri :waving: and nice to have you here on the forum. I am also a member of a Scottish forum called Detecting Scotland. Whole lot of friendly folks on there as well. :yes: Got on that forum before going over in May to visit my wife's family. We stayed in Muirkirk wich is south of Glasgow. Had to take my detector with me, since I had an invite to go hunt with one of the members. :wow: What a fantastic country to detect in. Soo much history, and beautiful country side to go hunting in. Found some cool items. You can see a post I did after coming back. It's under the Relic section called Scotland Finds. If you get on the DetectingScotland.com forum, you can see my post for the two weeks I was there. Just go to Detecting Finds, my post is buck57 in Scotland. :cheesysmile: Good hunting to ya paisleypcdoc, and don't forget to post pic's of your finds. thumbsup01 Eric

OxShoeDrew
07-02-2012, 08:44 AM
1.5 million dollar necklace.......I'd quit my job and detect full time :envious: lol
Welcome and best of luck. |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
07-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm looking forward to see your finds.

Epi-hunter
07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi Michael and welcome! :waving: Glad you are here. Looking forward to seeing your finds!

aloldstuff
07-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Welcome Michael from western MA. Glad you found us here and hope you also find a gold necklace worth 1.5 Mil. Looking forward to your posts.

jkress
07-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist Michael. Very glad to have you with us. :clapping:

You are in such a wonderful area. :daydream: I can't wait to see what you find. :->

CODY
07-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your finds and post!