PDA

View Full Version : Pistol probe problem- Whats going on??

paisleypcdoc
07-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi,
I purchased a used Detectorpro pistol probe and I'm having some problems with it.
If your familiar with the probe, could you spare 4 minutes to watch this video and give me your opinion.
Is it faulty? Am I doing something stupid?

Here is the link- please let me know what you think.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GhGzWQvig (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GhGzWQvig#ws)

Thanks in advance!
-Michael

del
07-01-2012, 03:41 PM
hey Michael , i'm not familiar withthat type of pinpointer but my buddy is . i'll email him with your video and see what he has to say. i'm sure others will chime in as well.

Dan

paisleypcdoc
07-01-2012, 03:54 PM
That would be brilliant, thanks!

del
07-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Hey Michael , my buddy George has used one for the last year now . this is what he said about yours after watching the video.

Hey, That Pistol Probe is defective. I get 3+ inches from all sides and from the front . I come in from all 4 directions until I hear a beep. This way I can trace the shape of the target and know exactly where it is.

so he seems to think yours has a definate problem but you may want to get another opinion from someone else who has one as well.

Dan

paisleypcdoc
07-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks for that! It's appreciated.

I'm gonna send it back tomorrow.
It's a pity, I really wanted it to work. You cant buy them in the UK, I'll need to order one from USA. I'm thinking 'kellyco' looks like a shop I can trust internationally with my credit card.

Thanks again for the input.

-Michael.

paisleypcdoc
07-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks again, Dan for your help. Appreciated!

Like I said, I'm returning it tomorrow. If anyone else has any experience with this probe, please comment.

Make me feel better by confirming its faulty, or tell me if I'm doing something wrong and I'm about to return a good probe.

Thanks. -Michael.