PDA

View Full Version : Mexican 5 centavo found in south Mpls

ScrapMetal
07-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Got permission to hunt my brother's yard in South Minneapolis. It is small yard and older house, so I was hoping to find something interesting. My Ace 250 was ringing like a bell. 2 clad quarters, 1 clad dime, a slew of LM cents, and then this:
[attachimg=1]
It is a bit worn, but appears to be a 1951 Mexican 5 centavo coin. Wonder how it got there, and how long it's been buried.
How I would love to hunt more houses in his neighborhood. I can really feel that these houses have coins just waiting to be found.

starman2
07-01-2012, 09:25 PM
:congrats:! On a cool find! Found one like it, kind of. 1984. 100 pesos. Different dude, same eagle with the snake. Mines worth about $7.00 currency exchange. Yours is probably worth more. WTG!

Fire Fighter 43
07-02-2012, 03:46 PM
A long way from Mexico, nice find.

aloldstuff
07-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Definately a long way from home. Nice find and I hope ya can get back to the yard.

jkress
07-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Very nice keeper ScrapMetal. :clapping: It is a great one to add to your collection.

If only we could plug in all of our finds to a USB port and download the history. :daydream: :daydream: :daydream:

Your hunch is definitely right... there are loads of keepers tucked away in the ground in your brother's neighborhood. :yes:
See if he can hook you up with his neighbors. :)

Congrats on the centavo. :clapping: