PDA

View Full Version : DAY 1 AT NEW CELLAR HOLE*COMPLETE COLONIAL SHOE BUCKLE*COPPER & 1/2

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-02-2012, 08:33 PM
After work I headed back up to a cellar hole that I had some success at a few years ago.this time I ventured far away from the foundation and hopped a stone wall. working the stone wall line I notice a depression with the wall running ride over it.lookin around it i have come to the conclusion this was another cellar hole at some point.the targets speak for themselves as to why I believe I stumbled onto a cellar hole only spent about an hour here and plan to return soon!
a conestoga bell,a complete colonial shoe buckle,a no date classic head LC ,a clipped King George copper,a large calibur lead musketball,2 buttons & a weird half of scissor like thing-a-ma-jig

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
more pics

Tony Two-Cent
07-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Wow! It looks like your keen eye has found a great site to hunt, Dave! I love the complete shoe buckle!

If you found all of that in just an hour there has to be some more goodies there! I can't wait to see what you find on a return trip!

Fire Fighter 43
07-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Very nice buckle, congrats on a nice hunt. |:cheering:

milco
07-02-2012, 09:52 PM
:wow: Oh wow! Nice find Dave, that shoe buckle is just awesome!

jkress
07-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Although I don't always comment on your hunts :blush: ... I absolutely love clicking on your posts. :smitten:

Your determination and instinct is way more than admirable. The relics and coins you rescue from the dark depths
of the ground is amazing. :shocked04:

Looks like hopping the stone wall is going to pay off for you. :->

Congrats on yet another copper. Plus the complete buckle is a great find. Hard to believe they had
such large buckles on their shoes. :shocked04:stretcher:

Great hunt and photos. Can't wait to see what you find on your return trip.

chief5709
07-03-2012, 04:52 AM
Awesome relics! I can't decide which I like better the complete shoe buckle or the bell! Both are gorgeous! Again, some excellent finds! Congrats!

del
07-03-2012, 11:17 AM
you take pictures of everything which is great but no picture of your depression site :confused: ;) what a great shoe buckle :perfect10: bet you don't have many that are whole like that huh :yes: :congrats: and i hope you find a few more keepers there Dave.

OxShoeDrew
07-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Dave, great hunt....I stumbled on a YouTube video you made where you thanked the White's company at the end. You involved with them now? The shoe buckle is :wow:

del
07-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Dave, great hunt....I stumbled on a YouTube video you made where you thanked the White's company at the end. You involved with them now?

yes Dave is involved with their super secretive dinosaur field tester project he's their top guy lol lol lol

sorry buddy :poke: :teasing: i couldn't resist ;)

tanacat
07-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Way to go Dave! :perfect10: Great pics as usual... Love the thing-a-ma-jig lol

Sal66
07-10-2012, 08:20 PM
What year were the coins from the other hole ? It's possible they had two family members living on the same lot . Based on the Coin and the buckle it appears the year range goes from the late 1700's through to the late 1800's maybe . That bell is unique. What do you think it was used for. it doesn't look like a bell that would go on an animal. They usually were round, no ?
Also I found a whole intact buckle and it moves fully. Does this also move or is it rusted in place. I read that If the pin is Brass, then it should move freely with some oil , but if it's iron then it may be rusted in place. Are there any markings ?
Can you imagine what the cost of a nice buckle would of cost back then along with the shoe of course ? You had to to be well off. So , I hope you find some nice silver there. Congrats Again :perfect10:

mike l
07-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Incredible finds Dave, can't wait to see what comes out of there next. :perfect10:

brianb3006
08-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Very Nice!!! :congrats: