PDA

View Full Version : Amazing 40 Minute Hunt - 1st Barber Quarter

milco
07-02-2012, 09:32 PM
As some of the construction projects I have been hitting in June have come to an end the search began this morning on the way in to work for new sites. I started out for work over an hour early and discovered a major project which looks like it began a few weeks ago. I only had a very short time today to give a small area a test run and am I glad I did. Within five minutes I got a very solid quarter signal at about two inches and flipped up the dirt and out pops my first barber quarter! I spent the next 30 minutes going over a small area pulling out four coins...I think. The quarter and IH were easily ID'd but more work will be required on the others. Needless to say I have a new area I will be hitting as often as possible.

This is the start of the area, which extends a number of blocks.
[attachimg=2]
2010 Google Earth View of area.
[attachimg=3]
1910 map of area.
[attachimg=4]
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=5]
[attachimg=6]
[attachimg=7]
1905 Barber Quarter
[attachimg=8]
What I think is a 1907 Indianhead
[attachimg=9]
The trash and glass I found
[attachimg=10]

I'll be updating this thread with updated photos as I get everything cleaned up.

Ill Digger
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Dang! <: Nice finds Darren! thumbsup01
All those in just a short time? I can only imagine what else is just waiting for ya :daydream: :drool:
Congrats! :grin:
I can hardly wait to see what the other coins turn out to be :drool:
Good luck on your return trip :->

mike l
07-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Keep hitting it, you got a good spot there :yes:

jkress
07-02-2012, 11:43 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Congratulations on the Barber Darren. :happydance01: Definitely a very nice coin to find. :smitten:

You are certainly the king of construction sites. Nice job on the IH too.
Every time I drive by a street tear up I think... I should try that, milco would. :yes:

Good luck on your next hunt there.

POKIE73
07-03-2012, 06:35 AM
congrats on your inds its getting hard for everybody with this heat and dry soil its nice to see some are still findin some great finds again congrats dennis

CODY
07-03-2012, 06:40 AM
WTG! Thats one coin thats on my wish list! Please post some pic's once you get everything cleaned up. Looks like you may have a token also. Congrats on some great finds and good luck with your future hunts,

starman2
07-03-2012, 03:14 PM
:congrats:! On your first B Quarter! Thats great! Like to see the quarter after you clean it. Congrats on the rest of your finds. Almost made you not want to go to work, huh? Good luck with your new area! |:cheering:

milco
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Almost made you not want to go to work, huh? |:cheering:

I had two people off on vacation today, otherwise I would still be there! Hitting it again tomorrow morning at daybreak.

tanacat
07-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Wooo Hooo happydance02 Great research! I love your pics of maps :yes: Congrats on your first barber quarter! :clapping: It's still on my wish list... I've found barber dime and half but no quarter yet.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your future hunts there.

milco
07-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Here is the quarter all cleaned up, turned out real nice I think! The 1907 IH is pretty toasted.

aloldstuff
07-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Very nice Barber quarter and I see what you mean about the other coins. WOW are they dirty. :congrats: on your Barber and IH

Fire Fighter 43
07-07-2012, 08:30 AM
:wow: Darren that quarter is a beauty, WTG |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
07-07-2012, 10:13 AM
:wow: Darren that quarter is a beauty, WTG |:cheering:
What he said :happydance01:

leslie(nova scotia)
07-07-2012, 04:44 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....a spot became available, you dug, took out the trash and the goodies .....well deserved! <;)