PDA

View Full Version : Well, at least the E-Trac is deep....

Epi-hunter
03-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I had a brief hour today to myself so I went to the local park. This area is in an old section of town and although I have been there several times, I haven't come away with anything but clad. Well, today was it for me. I was digging some deep clad, maybe 6-8 inches, and getting more and more frustrated. Then I got one of those deep coin signals that meant I was going to pull a deep barber or seated dime when I was in CT and MA.

So I dug almost twelve inches, and found.... a memorial penny. :bangahead01: :ticked: :beatdown: :bop: Here's a photo of my twelve-inch digger in the hole, with the handle just a few centimeters above being flush with the ground.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/digger.jpg

Maybe the ground has been redone, although it sure did not look like it. Anyway, at that point I packed it up and went home in frustration. I think I am done detecting until I get back to the Northeast or else Iowa. I am beyond frustrated. :bangahead01:

Oh well, at least I know I can find very deep coins with this awesome detector!!! thumbsup01 I'm just not in the right place.

del
03-20-2010, 06:14 PM
a lincoln memorial :huh: :shocked04: :huh:are kidding me :huh: :bangahead01: :huh: hey you been taking lessons from George lol lol, he's the zincoln man
alright . lol lol well your right thats deep for a small coin so it sounds like your settings are great , you'll hit some
good'uns Angie.

hoser
03-20-2010, 06:19 PM
HAHAHHA! Angie I have found one like that. Thought I hit it big only to find a Mem. Next one will be a real goodie for ya lady, I can feel it. :yes:

angellionel
03-20-2010, 07:39 PM
I had to go into hiding when I heard about it. :shocked04:stretcher: She was ready to bop :bop: the first person she saw. lol

You need to make another trip to New England, Angie. :yes:

Beefcake
03-20-2010, 08:45 PM
I feel your pain! Except I dug 12+ and with a solid 12-47 signal only to find a long piece of metal when I was half way up my forearm! Grrrrrrr!

CyberSage
03-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh Angie! rofl I don't know what to say. rofl That is a horrible end to a great dig. rofl I am so sorry. rofl Keep your chin up. rofl You will have better luck next time. rofl rofl rofl

Keep rofl Swing'in rofl

rofl rofl rofl
Jack

rofl

coinnut
03-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Angie I'd pack that machine up and run to the nearest airport for a ticket east lol If your gonna dig that deep, you should at least get a Wheat :grin: That park had to be filled in and I don't think it will ever produce any silver, except maybe a ring. Do some reading or talk to old guys lol They will tell you where they used to picnic or play ball. At least you are guaranteed to find some silver there. Hang in there kid, the year is young :yes:

Epi-hunter
03-21-2010, 09:21 AM
I can see that you're all broken up for me, Jack rofl rofl Just wait, your day is coming and then I won't let you forget it lol

Thanks guys :) I won't give up....

I dug a wheat at that depth when I was detecting in CT and Angel got to hear in person just how unhappy I was about that lol The memorial penny was worse :grin:

Angel, pick me up at the airport :yes:

angellionel
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
I can see that you're all broken up for me, Jack rofl rofl Just wait, your day is coming and then I won't let you forget it lol

Thanks guys :) I won't give up....

I dug a wheat at that depth when I was detecting in CT and Angel got to hear in person just how unhappy I was about that lol The memorial penny was worse :grin:

Angel, pick me up at the airport :yes:

I will, but leave your :beatdown: at home. lol

syclone0182
03-23-2010, 02:04 PM
at least it was a penny,could have been junk. :grin: