PDA

View Full Version : Poison ivy- GRAPHIC

pulltabsteve
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Last summer I got my first dose of poison ivy. It was very minor but itchy around my ankles. This past Saturday Mike and I were at a woods site we've been to 50 times. I was wearing long pants and a tee shirt. I had a slight cut on my knee I got while working. It was like a knife cut 1 inch long but deeper than just a scratch. I guess thats where the ivy got in. My knee swelled up life a golf ball was inside then the blisters and rash came. A couple of little spots on my other leg and 1 spot on the back of 1 arm. The photo is today. Its about 50% better since Monday.To top it off I had a tick sucking blood out of my other arm overnight.... No more woods hunting for me till fall!

del
07-04-2012, 08:23 PM
:shocked04: ouch that looks painful Steve :white:usaflag:: yeah ya got to definately dress for the woods
i hope it passes quickley buddy

my usual attire is an anti-tick suit ( &quot:beerbuddy:ugskinz pants and long sleeve shirt ) under my denim pants and short sleeve shirt , these are sprayed down with Premethrin the night before.
gloves and a good hat with built in bugnet.

and sorry Steve , being immune to poison ivy helps alot too.

tanacat
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
:shocked03: Ouch!!! I hope you have a big 'ol bottle of Calamine Lotion and a hairdryer lol It helps to dry many layers on it, from experience...

Hope you get to feeling better buddy :stretcher: and thanks for the warning. I'm thinking about going into the woods for some shallow creek hunting this afternoon :shocked04:

OxShoeDrew
08-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear it. Sometimes I get a mile rash , other times I've seen the ivy touch my skin but nothing develops :dontknow:

Toadman
08-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Benydryll helps some.. dunno about that bad though.... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

tanacat
08-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Benydryll helps some.. dunno about that bad though.... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Hopefully Steve's poison ivy has healed up by now... it's been about 6 weeks :thinkingabout: It looks so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he has scars from it ::huh:: Have you managed to avoid it since Steve?

Btw chiggers and mosquitoes have been really bad around here. I love nature but could do w/out all the itchy stingy critters. Went camping recently and both of my young boys (4 & 7 yrs) got stung by yellow jackets :crying02:

pulltabsteve
08-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks Tana. It was gone a week after I posted. Calomine lotion worked the best. The prescription junk was just a waste of money... No scars. I plan on staying out of the woods till fall.

Beefcake
08-27-2012, 10:02 PM
A couple years ago I bought these things at our pharmacy that were call Poison Ivy pills.. Kinda snake oil stuff, really old remedy that was actually derived from the poison ivy plant. They are just little balls of sugar (kinda like the inside of a lemon head after the sour stuff is off), but I have to say, they really did a nice job and cut the itch factor down and cleared it up faster than any calamine lotion I've used.

stanatorium
09-11-2012, 05:48 PM
what i do ,belive it or not is put lacquer thinner on a rag and hold till you jump
it'll dry it out.....

tanacat
09-12-2012, 08:55 AM
what i do ,belive it or not is put lacquer thinner on a rag and hold till you jump
it'll dry it out.....

:shocked03: OUCH!