Just a little short...

This is for all you E-Trac users out there. I live in the state of Iowa. Here silver coins are not the easiest to find. Nothing like all you coin hunters out East anyway. I set a goal for myself on December 11, 2011 when I received my E-Trac. 500 hundred coins in 5 years. I worked at my goal when the weather permitted me to, but here in Iowa there is a lot of downtime. And sadly, I came up just a bit short. 473, but happy am I because that's not too shabby for an old man from Iowa. I have always considered myself to be a little like Huckleberry Finn, always looking for the next adventure in life. My E-Trac has given me 473 adventures and each one of them was an adventure of it's own. Thank you Minelab! One quick story before I sign off. One that I'll never forget. While searching an old park from the late 1800's I have taken Indian heads, buffalo's, and V's. Found some early Mercs, Barber dimes, and even a total of 6 seated dimes from this park over the last three years. One day while hunting, I got a reading of 12-37 on the old E-Trac. Indian right??? WRONG! I cut the plug and a barber dime in the hole! So that got me thinking, "something is rotten in Denmark!" so I then rechecked the hole with my Sun-ray probe and it sounded like a bullfrog. 12-12 on the screen. I moved the dirt around and found the bullfrog! It was a 1914 buffalo nickle. This is just one of my 473 adventures. Hoped you enjoyed hearing my story as much as I enjoy living them!

P.S to Tony 2 CENT
I found a message you sent last July. Don't know how I missed it. Hope we can get together next year for a hunt and to swap stories.

2016 silver coin count 62

Rgorman has no blog entries to display.