Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The PRO-FIND 25 - Minelab's New Pin-Pointer

Re: The PRO-FIND 25 - Minelab's New Pin-Pointer

Here is part II, a field test of the Minelab Pro-Find (I see no ads in it mods) in where it fails pretty bad with in ground tests, compared to the Garrett.

Has anyone that has it also found this to be true?

Minelab Pro Find 25 Field Test

Thank you EMS! Appreciate the good information on this probe.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Your welcome Jack, and others.

I was really hoping for the Minelab to be like the Garrett in boost mode. Anyway, if you haven't heard, there is a guy who makes a little add on for the Pro-Pointer for 10 bucks shipped called the sidekick. I will order one (no affiliation). You just push it and the Garret goes into boost mode. I heard great things from a very reputable poster on another forum. Here is a video of the prototype to give you an idea: The Sidekick

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Returned the ProFind already, it did not Impress me. I ordered one to replace my aging ProPointer.With air testing it did not preform any better than my 2 year old Propointer so it went back. I'm exchanging it for a new ProPointer and getting refunded $40. The differance in price and lack of better preformance was not enough to justify the change. I was really hoping it would be as good or better than the Garrett, Minelab dropped the ball on this one.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber