Thread: Hard Target

Hard Target

Found the more smashed one recently,kinda kool how the three of this kinda musket ball is in different stages of impact. Not to sure what period these are, I'm thinking around 1850s? Might be shotgun slugs?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Hard Target

hey Scott the outer two are definately rifled deer slugs that go into modern shotguns , there not very old and probably from with in the last 40 or fifty years. i hate finding them as they usually sound like an indian head penny or better.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=10735.msg117995#msg117995 date=1343343359
    hey Scott the outer two are definately rifled deer slugs that go into modern shotguns , there not very old and probably from with in the last 40 or fifty years. i hate finding them as they usually sound like an indian head penny or better.

Dan
    sorry dan i modified the post not seeing your post and i do think they are slugs. ya can tell by the huge bore. but i still think they are 1800s??

only very late 1800's Scott as the shotgun slug wasn't invented until 1898 , i bet i find about a half a dozen of them every time i go out into the woods.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks Dan I've usually hunted as close to the holes as possible but lately I've been straying away with the easy to swing detector finding more bullets.