Thread: banner and finds of ther month

banner and finds of ther month

when and how do they pick the banner finds and the finds for the month are they nominated and by whom i never did know was curious dennis

Re: banner and finds of ther month

Good question Dennis.

Angie and I make the final determination based on a general set of rules. Below are some of the guidelines:

1) The find must have been made with a metal detector.

2) Only member finds are eligible to be displayed on the banner. Posts where a friend's or a family member's find is included, and where they are not forum members, will not be considered.

3) The post must include a relatively good photo of the find. We do make every attempt to use what photo has been included in the post, but some photos are simply too blurred , too cropped, or of such poor quality that they cannot be used at all.

4) Posts of finds where only a video is included will not be considered. Such posts should also include one or more photos of the find or finds.

5) If a post is vague as to when the find was made, the find will likely not be considered for the banner.

In general, only current finds will be added to the banner. Finds made some time ago but posted today, for example, would likely not be given any consideration. There may be exceptions however. In such cases the find may be added to the banner but will not be considered for the monthly awards.

Nominees for the monthly awards are selected primarily from among finds that have been showcased on the banner. There may be exceptions. The selections are made toward the end of the month. Once a list is compiled it is presented to all members so that they may cast their votes.

I hope that helps.