Re: August's contest challenge

to the winners Dennis & Tim. |
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Congrats to the winners!!!

Thank you a lot Dan for this contest!

Daniel [attachimg=1]

P.S. : You know what, I did count at least 423 buttons on the pictures... I had few minutes to look at the picture ...And I tried to guess how much were under that top layer... I was a bit to high :-\ 40 over
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro

Congrats to Dennis and Tim for winning and a big congrats to Tony for actually guessing more than me.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Awesome contest Dan! congrats to the winners! I was way off.

Congrats to Dennis and Tim!

Thanks Dan for the fun contest
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Veteran Member

Ill say 1250 oooops guess i was a little late , ill pay more attention next time

Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

I must be going crazy !! I thought I posted something here. Oh well must be the whatever I have. I also want to congrat's all the winners.
    I gave Dan a proposal to help out or run the next one. I'd like to contribute some items and also have some ideas for future Contests. I don't know how many people participated, but I'd like to see everyone win at least something. It would run like Dan's except there would either be a longer list of winners . You would have closest to, 2nd closet 2, Exact number with the addition of either 3rd,4th, 5th ect. or a bunch of randoms for playing ( much smaller prizes of course) plus one other I can't mention. It doesn't even have to be buttons. It can be Coins or any other items . I'm trying to work out the details with him this week.
    The reason I like this is because I went to a hunt several years ago and they did a raffle. There were a group of big prizes and then they just keep calling numbers until everyone won something. It may have just been a 1920 wheatie I won, but I at least felt good getting something and everyone else felt the same. I think this would be great and each month another member would donate some items and so on an so forth. It would be a way of giving back for each other helping each other with items they are stumped on, Congrat's posts, tips on MD'ing etc....
    This Forum is the best I've belonged to and contests like this can only make it better. I was away from it for a long time with health problems but even though I don't get out as much as some of you , I still enjoy seeing the finds and it's been really therapuetic for my recovery.
    So, what does everyone think? Give me some feedback. I already pitched my idea to Dan but I want to see what the members think.
    Thanks everyone, I hope it works out. |
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

i think that you have a great idea being the winner of dels last contest i can say that your idea of everybody getting something would create a lot more participation and that is what belonging to a group like ours is all about dennis

Thanks for replying. I Just hope it's not too far fetched of an idea, especially if we have too many participating. So, we may have to make some limit on the amount of winners. The cost of the Stamps alone could be an issue especially if we have say over 50 participants and the lower prizes are only worth a couple dollars. But, I think we can at least expand the amount more than just a few winners. I'm still waiting for a reply from Dan.
    On the otherhand, if everyone agrees to take turns with holding a monthly Contest and Donating items, it just may balance out. I guess it depends on how many people participate and like my ideas.

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

[move] |) |) |) |) |) |) |) |) |) [glow=red,2,300][size=36pt]Thanks Dan!![/glow] |) |) |) |) |) |) |) |) |)[/move]

It showed up in the mail yesterday!! I took them to work with me today to show some of the guys! They were like...
    And so was I!
    Thanks again for the great contest and great prizes! thumbsup01
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

SEPTEMBERS CONTEST

Hi everyone. Just thought I would keep you all up to date. Having not participated in any of the Contests before this last one, I was not aware that each contest was the sole Owners of the Contest. Being a Man of my word however, I will still hold a September Contest anyway. That's the GOOD news. The BAD news is I will ONLY be able to offer a TOP PRIZE AND 5 ADDITIONAL PRIZES. I hope this still encourages others to hold their &quotWN contest each month in a Rotational Fashion.

I will post the Name of the Game, the RULES and finally the Best for Last, THE PRIZES. I WILL DO THIS THIS WEEKEND.

Thank You For Reading This And I Hope Everyone Participates. If NOT, the better the chances for the ones that do. >8)

Just Joking. Seriously PLEASE participate, I'm sure the Prizes will help you to do that after you see what I have to offer. What do I have ?? Oh yea now I remember. Must Be the Neuro -Lymes.
    Thanks Again. 2cental