Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday Beach hunts sterling and silver coin

Re: Sunday Beach hunts sterling and silver coin

That sundial is an AMAZING savE!!!!!
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost...

Teknetics T2 LTD, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Tool, Sawtooth Gator Digger, Lesche 28" T-Handle Ground Shark Shovel, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT link=topic=10883.msg119509#msg119509 date=1344459149
    that is so cool! I hairspray my pewter items.fast and easy!
    Yup.... I Hung it with fishing line and coated it with hairspray
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Wow ! Nice find. I totally agree with Dan on it being pewter. I had a nice Button once and the whole edge was flaking. It looked like a delaminated piece of plywood. I used the Elmers glue method and it held well. It came out more like a wax substance when it dried. I also used the same method on the back of a Rusted Civil War 2 piece Button and it's been over 5 years and it's still holding. It sealed it tight protecting it from the air and stopped the corrision process. I never heard of the Hairspray Method, but thanks for the tip Dan. I'll have to try that one on a RF Badge thats rusty.
    Congrats again and I hope you find out more about it. I would check with a Historical Society from that area. Maybe ther was a known Shipwreck that it came from, you never know. |
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now