Thread: 2-cent coin (Small Motto) Updated picture

2-cent coin (Small Motto) Updated picture

I've found about 8 or 9 in the past 4 years and one was a 1864 small motto . Its seems to be very rare, only found a couple on Ebay. I figure mines worth about $200 or more. Does everyone know that there are about 11 ways to tell it's a small motto? The two biggest ways is first: the D in GOD is slightly smaller than the O. Secondly, The first T in TRUST touches the ribbon. In the large motto theres a 1 mm gap. So next time you find one look very careful. The small motto was the first die used the shortly after they changed the die. That's what I love about detecting, doing the research and finding out more and more about coins. B4 I got into the sport I didnt even now anything about coins B4 the early 1900's. When I got my first 1847 large cent, I was shaking like a leaf, I was so amazed, remember Del?
    Now when I find a king george or a large cent I admit it really makes my day still.

Its kind of hard to see because they are soo dark with patina, but see how the &quot is same size as the &quot. The first T touches the ribbon. Large Motto: Big &quot ,One millimeter gap between the first T in trust.

Wow! the coins are much better in person. You know what I mean
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Re: 2-cent coins

yup i remember Sal and i remember you getting three 2 cent coins in one day . that site was very good to all of us.we've pulled almost 40 coins from there and some cool relics since that time.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Yep, that site has been pretty good to me, even though I got there late lol Was too late to get the 2 cent pieces or the shield nickels, but I got lots of buttons and a large cent just last visit. Never got a small motto though Gotta love the things that turn up at any detecting outing thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Thanks guys . I looked at Ebay for the small motto and the prices are Huge. At least $200 for the condition I have.
    " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Re: 2-cent coin (Small Motto) Updated picture

Sweet find Looks like a new drop <:
    Today is my day