Thread: horse and shoe gold

horse and shoe gold

After yesterdays hunt, I thought I would share my thoughts and finds again. This Gold Bug machine continues to amaze me with its audio. However, be forewarned, you must have a good quality set of headphones in order take full advantage of all the audio nuances this machine offers. Now before I go any farther let me explain this last statement. Yesterday the temperature was to be in the 80s so I opted for a set of cheap stereo headphones so I could take advantage of the smaller 1/8 phone plug option and compare it to the heavier ¼ plug. Within 15 minutes, I realized the need for good headphones when hunting for deeper targets. The reduced volume of these cheap phones made it very difficult to hear the subtle audio changes this machine provides to the hunter. Nevertheless, I had a very productive 2-hour hunt that netted two wheat pennies, one buffalo (one came from the day before), a nice 10k horse/shoe ring that gave an ID of 55 and the regular clad. Now I would like to make two statements about the machine in general. First, I am not exactly satisfied with the detector stand. The legs need to be farther apart to give it more stability especially on uneven ground. I am very particular with my machines and do not like them to fall over, when set on the ground. Secondly, I want to give credit to the designers of this coil. It looks the same as the 11 DD coil on the F75 and it is a perfect fit for this machine as it was for the F75 and LTD, no tedious work to remove the cover and clean ever week or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: horse and shoe gold

nice finds! I have yet to score a buffalo, but dannnng! thats a nice horse ring. Is it a gold bug pro machine? looks spendy, but obviously worth it!
    Hello Wisconsin!

very nice ring and other finds,wtg.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Really nice ring!! I love finding buffaloes.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost...

Teknetics T2 LTD, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Tool, Sawtooth Gator Digger, Lesche 28" T-Handle Ground Shark Shovel, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by JTGOLD link=topic=11098.msg121360#msg121360 date=1345862563
    very nice ring and other finds,wtg.
    Yes gold bug pro with the 11 DD coil.
    I will honestly say I've had this machine for exactly one week now and I love it. I've had many other machines over the past 10 years one being the Tesoro Tejon which ran at 18 kHz I think it loved nickels too.
    I did not get this machine to nugget hunt because where I live is not gold country, but there is lost gold everywhere.

Very nice looking gold markg. It is a beauty.

I agree completely when you mentioned about a good pair if headphones. Speaks for any machine.
    They do make a difference and every bit worth the purchase.

! Great finds! And on finding the gold! A lucky horseshoe. Can't beat that with a stick >! WTG!!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

on getting the gold . Its always nice to dig buffs
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Congrats on getting the GOLD |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Wow that is a mighty fine ring | I esp appreciate it living here in horse country (Central KY)
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Better picture

Better picture

Attached Images Attached Images  

stretcher: wow much better picture Mark | | , very sweet piece of goldness
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

That is indeed a very nice find. Good equipment is a must iffen youz want the deep stuff. Cheap batteries also can be a downer youz! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!