Thread: Button/Pin?

Button/Pin?

I found this the other day at the social club where I ended up snagging 10 silver coins over 2-3 hunts (9 dimes & 1 quarter). I also dug alot of wheaties and a 1936 Buffalo at this spot. The dates on the coins range from late 1930's - early 1950's. I know that the area I found the coins was where they used to have booths set up back in the day when the had little carnivals/fairs. I know this because the 85 year old man that watches me hunt lives across the street and he told me that the area I was finding all the old silver and other coins was where the booths were set up. He went to the carnivals as a kid.

I am going to assume that this items is from that same time frame. It's slightly larger than a quarter. I'm just not sure what it is...Button? Pin?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost...

Teknetics T2 LTD, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Tool, Sawtooth Gator Digger, Lesche 28" T-Handle Ground Shark Shovel, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones

Re: Button/Pin?

with it being that size i'm pretty sure its a collar disk Eddie but i agree and don't think its military.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks del!! I didn't think it was military, just from the war time era. Didn't strike me as military. |

Teknetics T2 LTD, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Tool, Sawtooth Gator Digger, Lesche 28" T-Handle Ground Shark Shovel, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones

I have seen somewhere that SFS stood for Security Forces squadron and was part of the Air Force. It may be a hat pin instead of a collar disc.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

Just my 2 Cents, but was the carnival put on by a Fire Dept. ? Not sure what the name of the town or city your from, but could it be something Fire Station. ?
    Based in the needle looking thing under the circle,it looks like a pin to me. How did I do ? Also, did you post this item before. it looks familiar.
    Sal
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now