Thread: Copper,buttons and does anyone have the time?

Copper,buttons and does anyone have the time?

Got out early today and met up with OxShoeDrew, SafariScott, and Dan. Things were slow going. I though since we just pulled six coppers from here the other day there must be more floating around. My first decent find today was the pocket watch(silver gilt). It rang up like a half dollar and was pretty deep, I had my fingers crossed for old silver but I'm happy with this find. Next was a musket ball, seems I found three different sizes today. A few buttons here and there,one still with cloth attached and one i got Friday is small with a little head on it. Pretty neat. I also found another pewter spoon with the nice shell design on it. And last but not least I found another KG copper(no date) I just knew there was at least one more copper at this site. Had a great time with good people. Hope we get to do it again soon. Thanks for looking HH
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Whites Spectrum DFX, Fisher F75

2012 Totals :
    Silver-6(oldest 1737 1 reale)
    Coppers-18(oldest 1724 KGI)
    IH's-7
    Flying Eagle- 1
    V-nickels-2
    2012 Tick count-143

Re: Copper,buttons and does anyone have the time?

That button with the head on it is really cool. on the KG and the spoon looks like it has some age to it. To bad that the pocket watch is only silver plated. My musketballs come very infrequently but to find 3 and they are all different sizes.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Nice digs, WTG |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

awesome stuff Brandon! really liking that button. any info on it? how'd the other guys do?
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT link=topic=11191.msg122082#msg122082 date=1346641922
    awesome stuff Brandon! really liking that button. any info on it? how'd the other guys do?
    Lots of musket balls, I'm waiting for Dan to chime in about the button. Everyone got a few keepers nothing to exciting though. Flats and musket balls, There was a v-nickel and indian also pulled.

2012 Totals :
    IH's-7
    Flying Eagle- 1
    V-nickels-2
    2012 Tick count-143

Great finds! love those old pocket watches

Nice keepers Merc....you know I ended up with 12 musket balls!
    It was nice to get members together, thanks.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

i want to thank you guys for the invite , it was nice to see you and Drew again and to finally meet Scott. even though finds were minimal for me ( 2 buttons , 2 musket ball , a couple of broken spoon bowls but i got a real nice iron blacksmith hammer ) it was still nice to get out with friends . Brandon thats the first counferfiet George II (young head type) i've seen , i know Iron Patch would be interested in seeing that coin. no doubt its probably a British made fake to be shipped here in the colonies its a very cool find | |. great pocket watch with the face numbers still there , i'll get back to you on the little button with the face , its a very interesting item . i'm wondering if its not a cufflink instead though.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=11191.msg122100#msg122100 date=1346687105
    i want to thank you guys for the invite , it was nice to see you and Drew again and to finally meet Scott. even though finds were minimal for me ( 2 buttons , 2 musket ball , a couple of broken spoon bowls but i got a real nice iron blacksmith hammer ) it was still nice to get out with friends . Brandon thats the first counferfiet George II (young head type) i've seen , i know Iron Patch would be interested in seeing that coin. no doubt its probably a British made fake to be shipped here in the colonies its a very cool find | |. great pocket watch with the face numbers still there , i'll get back to you on the little button with the face , its a very interesting item . i'm wondering if its not a cufflink instead though.

Dan
    Thanks for Id'ing the KGII as a counterfeit Dan. I knew there was something fishy when it rang up so low. Was in the fifties on the F75 and usually the coppers are in the 70's. Keep me posted if you find any info on the button. Thanks again.

2012 Totals :
    IH's-7
    Flying Eagle- 1
    V-nickels-2
    2012 Tick count-143