Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER CONTEST

THE OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER CONTEST

Hello everyone ! Well here is the Contest for September. It's called Sal's Silver September Contest .
    Here are the RULES
    1) You must be Member of the Forum with at least 10 Posts prior to the start of the Contest. This is only fair to long time members and prevents Lurkers from stepping in and participating.
    2) The Contest Starts TODAY AS SOON AS IT'S POSTED AND WILL END ON SEPTEMBER 30TH AT 9 PM EASTERN TIME
    3) THERE ARE 2 PARTS TO THE CONTEST. THE FIRST PART CONSISTS OF A GRAND PRIZE AND 3 ADDITIONAL PRIZES. THE GRAND PRIZE CAN ONLY BE WON IF YOU GUESS THE EXACT NUMBER OF COINS SHOWN BELOW. * NOTICE: NOT ALL THE COINS ARE THE SAME DENOMINATION. THEY CONSIST OF SMALL CENTS,NICKELS,DIMES,QUARTERS AND IKE DOLLARS. ALSO, NOTICE THE SMILEY FACE. THE PRIZE IS A BEAUTIFUL 1783 2 REALE EL CAZADOR SHIPWRECK COIN WITH CASE AND BOOKLET ABOUT THE SHIP AND ITS UNFORTUNATE JOURNEY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. **** SEE PICS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE*****

4) THE PERSON WHO GUESSES THE CLOSEST TO THE TOTAL NUMBER OF COINS WITH OUT GOING OVER WINS A 1923 PEACE DOLLAR.
    5) THE NEXT CLOSEST TO THE TOTAL NUMBER OF COINS, EITHER BELOW OR ABOVE WILL WIN A 1944 WALKING LIBERTY HALF DOLLAR.
    6) THE NEXT PERSON AFTER THAT WHO GUESSES THE CLOSES TOTAL NUMBER OF COINS, EITHER BELOW OR ABOVE WINS A MINT STATE 1963D WASHINGTON SILVER QUARTER.

* IF YOU WIN A PRIZE FOR THE FIRST PART, YOU ARE DONE WITH THE GAME. I'M DOING THIS IN FAIRNESS TO THE MEMBERS SO THERE ARE NOT 2 PRIZES WON BY THE SAME PERSON. I FEEL IT'S ONLY FAIR AND BESIDES, IT'S MY GAME.

THE SECOND PART CONSISTS OF GUESSING THE DATE OF A COIN THAT I RANDOMLY PICKED AND PUT IN THE PILE. THE DATE RANGE IS BETWEEN 1912 - 2012.
    1) THE PERSON CLOSEST TO THE DATE WITHOUT GOING OVER WILL WIN A 1957B $1 SILVER CERTIFICATE.
    2) THE PERSON CLOSET TO THAT PERSON GOING ABOVE THE DATE OR UNDER WILL WIN A FIRST DAY ISSUE OF THE 1976 $2 STAMPED BY THE POST OFFICE WITH A 13 CENT STAMP ON IT.
    *** Newly Added on 9/17/12
    3) THE PERSON NEXT CLOSET TO WINNER #2 WILL WIN THE 1754 VOC COIN

** I ADDED A 3RD PRIZE AFTER REALIZING THAT THE 1754 COIN ISN'T WORTH AS MUCH AS I THOUGHT. SO, NOW WE WILL HAVE 6 DEFINITE WINNERS AND 1 POSSIBLE GRAND PRIZE FOR PART 1 ONLY****

HERE IS THE PILE OF COINS AND THE PRIZES. **** REMEMBER : YOU WILL HAVE 2 ANSWERS FOR EACH PART. CLEARLY SHOW WHICH NUMBER IS FOR WHICH PART OF THE CONTEST, JUST IN CASE SOMEONE CHOSES NOT TO PLAY THE SECOND PART FOR SOME CRAZY REASON
    THANKS FOR PLAYING AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE !!!

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Re: THE OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER CONTEST

Thanks for putting this contest together, Sal! Very generous of you! Beautiful prizes.

My guess on the number of coins = 441

My guess on the coin date = 1944
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Coins - 938

Date - 1938

thanks for the contest

525 coins

1970 date
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

278 coins

1929 date
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

coins 256 date 1964

Ok! Here's my guess...

660 coins

...and 2010 for the date

Good luck everybody!

Daniel[attachimg=1]
    French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sal66 link=topic=11269.msg122739#msg122739 date=1347333344
    | Well at least we have some guesses on the board. I'm surprised no one commented on my Smiley Face. Where's all the Women in this forum, I'm sure they would appreciate my creativity.
    I must admit that I didn't know what you were talking about when you mentioned the smiley face in your original post, but I just now saw it. thumbsup01
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

im going for 216 coins
    and
    1946 for the date

cheers mate.

I'm SO SORRY everyone. I FORGOT to mention the Denomination of the El Cazador Coin. It's a 2 Reale.

I had a problem just trying to fit the number of Pic in that one Post. So, here is a few Pics of the Coin. Once again, I apologize

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

342 coins

1965 date

Thanks for the contest Sal |
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

439 coins and 1963

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

[size=1t]406
    And 1955
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Hello everyone!!! I have posted some important NEW news in the post after this one. Please read. Ok, so we have about 12 more days left and only 10 Guessers. I'd like to see more people participating. I hope it happens, that's why we have these Contests, right ??
    Since there is more time left I decided to post the reverse sides of the prizes. Oh Yeah there is a Booby prize also . It's a day Detecting with the guy at the end in the Picture.

Leave it to Chumlee to bring a knife to a day of detecting. Gee Tennessee!
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Coins = 513
    Date = 1919

Thanks Sal. By the way... I'd love a day of detecting with Chumlee.

300 coins and 1990 thanks Sal |
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Sal i'm going to go with 534 coins and for the date of the coin 1927
    thanks for putting the contest together
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member

The answers are:

325 coins

and

2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Sal, thanks for the opportunity to win some great prizes.

My quesses are.........362 coins and 1954 for the date
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album