Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER CONTEST

Re: THE OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER CONTEST

LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT ( Sept. 30th at 9 p.m !!) WOW TIME FLYS. Edited on 9/29 11:20 P.M

If I counted correct there are over 15 Participants. That should be enough and increase the odds for you fine people. I know I listed 6 Prizes plus the GRAND PRIZE, but I ADDED some more winners. One it's my first Contest, 2, there aren't a bunch of you and 3, I don't know, just because. The prizes might be SMALLER but it will be 4 MORE COINS. THAT'S A TOTAL OF 10 WINNERS ALL TOGETHER.
    If you don't want it when I ask for your Contact info, just let me know, Ok?
    Good Luck everyone. Time to see where everyone stands currently, HOPEFULLY UPRIGHT. :hysterical: :hysterical:

ALSO, I'M SURPRISED NO ONE COMMMENTED ON MY SMILEY FACE IN THE PILE OF COINS.
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

That must be the Western/Eastern treasure Forum. They have money and sponsers. These Contest are not sponsered by Minelab or White's. Maybe we can ask them to do something for us on a one time deal, but that's probably all it would be.
    The Contests are done soley by the member's. I actually enjoy giving away some of my own collection to the members. Afterall, They are the ones I feel I owe for all that they have done for me personally . So, thanks people, I hope you enjoy your prizes when I announce the winners on the 30th and mail them out. I will probably send then certified, so try to be home or you will have to Pick up at the post office.

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

613 coins and 1988 for date thumbsup01
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

297 coins

and 1982 for the date. I usually pick my birthday when picking a coin lol
    Hello Wisconsin!

haha, i just saw the smiley face!
    Hello Wisconsin!

My guess on the number of coins = 356

My guess on the coin date = 1956
    Be Safe And Happy Hunting All

Sarge

498 coins
    1966 date

Sorry I just looked at the time next time

etrac !! No problem, you didn't win anyway. You did guess my Birthdate anyway, Seeing how my member name is sal66. Welcome to the forum, though.

Ok, everyone I want to first say that I had a fun time holding this months contest. I wanted to do this to pay back all of you that helped me all this time with my finds, questions, and most importantly the well-being of my life. As most of you know, I've had a long Row to Hoe as the old farmers used to say. It means that Iv'e had a long Struggle. Iv'e been sick around 6 years from Lymes Disease and my interest in Metal Detecting has been a good distraction from dealing with all the problems that Iv'e endured. So, for those reasons I Thank You All.
    Now for the part you all have been waiting for. PART ONE :The number of Coins in the Pile.
    PART 2 : The DATE of the Coin I picked.

Here we go: [size=24pt]THE TOTAL NUMBER OF COINS IS 826 !!
    .This is the breakdown of coins. 644 Pennies, 40 Nickels, 100 Dimes, 40 Quarters and 2 Ike Dollars.

THE DATE OF THE COIN IS A BEAUTIFUL UNC. RED-TONED 1 9 5 8 PENNY I GOT IN POCKET CHANGE. IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN A RED-TONED COIN, IT IS TRULY AMAZING TO EXAMINE.

Here are the winners for Part 1

1) The higest w/o going over is Celluforce with a guess of 660 !! . Congrats !! You are the Winner of the 1923 Peace Dollar.

2) The next Winner under or over is : chief5709 with a guess of 938. You have won the 1944 Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

3) The 3rd winner is BHNugget with a guess of 613. You have won a UNC. 1963d Quarter.
    Then I added two additional Winners !! |

4) The 4th Winner is del with a guess of 534. You have won a AU 1958d Quarter.

5) The 5th and final Winner of Part 1 is Thiltzy with a guess of 525. You have won a 1957A Silver Certificate Crisp Unc. serial # G02068298A. That's just to verify you receivd the right $1 Note as I have several.

[size=36pt]CONGRATS EVERYONE ON PART 1 !! .

I JUST WANT TO SAY ALL THE PRIZES ARE VALUED FROM THE TOP PRIZE OF $30 TO ABOUT $8 FOR NUMBER WINNER 5.
    ALSO, THERE OBVIOUSLY WAS NO GRAND PRIZE WINNER , SO MAYBE NEXT TIME EVERYONE.

[size=36pt]NOW FOR THE BONUS ROUND : PART 2

This part actually was more interesting and very very close.

.[size=24pt]
    The Winners of the 2nd part as follows :

1) 1st Prize with a guess of 1956 , is rsarg1 , A 1957 $1 Silver Certificate UNC. # U83637420A

2) 2nd prize with a guess of 1955 is RAZR, A First Day $2 Postage-Stamped Note.
    3) 3rd prize with a guess of 1954 is aolstuff, A 1754 VOC shipwreck coin with a card of Authenticity.
    THEN THERE ARE TWO ADDITIONAL WINNERS SINCE IT WAS SO CLOSE.

4) 4th Prize with a guess of 1963 is FireFighter 43, a 1929 Mecury Dime in F-12.
    5) 5th Prize with a guess of 1964 is POKIE73, a 1928 Mercury Dime in F-12.
    These two are what I graded them. THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONALLY GRADED.

**** If there are any mistakes made here, please let me know so I can fix it. ******* THANK YOU.

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND NOW I PASS THE REIGNS ON TO THE NEXT PERSON. THANK YOU EVERYONE AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR WINNINGS.
    PLEASE IM ME SO I CAN SEND YOU ALL YOUR PRIZES. IF YOU DON'T, I WON'T CHASE YOU DOWN.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Thank you for the very exciting contest Sal. It was a lot of fun.

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks again for the very generous contest.

i would also like to thank you for running this contest it was nice to see a little more participation it makes it a lot more fun to belong to a group like this dennis

Thanks Sal, great contest!!!
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

| Thanks guys. There is a lesson here to learn. The next time you see a little pile of change in your car, home or anywhere, REMEMBER, there's more there than you think.

Ok people, so far I have some Contact info from some of the Winners. So, I'll wait till after lunch and take what I have then and stop at the Post Office today. Then I'll wait Untill I get the rest so I don't have to make more than 2 trips. So, if you talk with any of the winners let them know to PM me. So far I have 4 of the 10 winners and expect the rest later. I have to go out today for an errand anyway.
    Now who's the next Contest holder is the quesetion ??

thanks for a great contest Sal and a big to all the winers,,,,,,,,,,,Terry
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Thanks to Sal for the really fun contest, and congrats to all the winners!

Very generous of you, Sal! Kudos to you, my friend! |)
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

thank you Sal for putting on the contest and congrats to all winners
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thank you Sal !

What a great smiley face contest!

1958 is a good year, but, you'll agree with me, 1966 is a very good vintage

Daniel [attachimg=1]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro

EVERYONE FOR JUST PLAYING !! I had a great time running the Contest. Now I hope someone will take the Reigns and do the next one .
    I wanted to prove a point here. That little pile of change in you car, on your dresser, in that penny jar has more there then you think. I had to count it twice because I couldn't believe there was that much there.
    By the way, 8/26 is the month and day my wife and I got married in 1995. The 1958 penny was a coin I got in change one day. It's red, I never saw a red copper before and in such great condition. If it grades a MS-67, it's worth $50 according to PCGC Coin Values.
    ALERT : I'm still waiting to hear from RAZR and Fire Fighter 43. Anyone hear from them, let them know to check their messages. They have 30 days to claim their prize. verreaction:

I'm off to the Post Office in the morning, I didn't want to make more than one trip. DAN, you can stop by or I can do a drive-by and toss it in the yard. rofl

[size=24pt]CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS. I'M GLAD I WAS ABLE TO GIVE AWAY 10 PRIZES. IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A GRAND PRIZE, I'M WILLING TO RE-ENTER THE El CAZADOR SET.

Thanks Sal! I will try to think of something creative for a contest soon... I sure have a lot of hotwheels... I need a HUGE mason jar and do one like how many jellybeans in the jar lol

I'll be thinking- if someone doesn't jump on this before me. I might have to do a November Contest.
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP