Thread: metro detroit hunt

metro detroit hunt

theres gotta be someone in the metro detroit area whos intreasted in getting together to hunt. i head out just about everyday for a few hours and usually when i see other MD-ers they tend to keep to them selfs. so if your looking for someone to help cover some ground with or want someone to help watch your back in the more rougher neighborhoods. let me know theres alot of old towns parks and schools around here that i dont want to hunt alone
    1 mercury

Re: metro detroit hunt

Good luck finding a MDing partner! It's a tough town, but one with a lot of history and great architecture! Good luck! I make it over there a couple times a year, but never any time to detect.
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Hey Carl, My name is Clint, I'm 38 and live in Hazel park, My Girlfriend, Brother and a couple buddy's have recently started in this hobby and are always looking for cool hunting buds. I'm trying to figure out this damn v3i and think that I got in over my head with it but maybe we can meet up sometime.

Hi clint I'm pretty new to the hobby too I've only been at it for about 6 months now and i think ive exhausted about every park and school in the dearborn area. I'd love to plan a group hunt with you guys sometime in the near future. I've been looking at a couple parks in detroit but wouldnt dare go there alone. Or if theres some places you have in mind that would be cool too. So message me back if you guys are interested and we'll work out the details.
    1 mercury

Candidate Member

Hi,

My name is Phil and I live in Livonia. I'm also looking for a hunting buddy.

Hi I am James. I lives in Sterling Heights,Mi. I hates to go hunting by myself. I would like to go with some local hunting buddies.

Blog Entries

I'm in Belleville. I would also really like to find a hunting buddy. It's just so much more fun than hunting alone...
    Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero & Silver uMax.

Been to Belleville on business, It's a nice town

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    Been to Belleville on business, It's a nice town
    Yeah, its pretty rural out here. We have a small downtown park thats been hunted hard, BUT we have a huge county metropark that has some good amount of finds in it.
    Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero & Silver uMax.

I'd love to go hunt in Detroit. I worked at the Incinerator just off I-75 and I-94 for 20 years. Its a rough place, but that will keep the softies from finding the good stuff!

I hadn't been in Detroit for many years until about 5 years ago I went there for a hernia operation through the VA and I must say that I was really surprised how different it is these days. There sure are a lot of spot that look like they're prime for detecting but I'd definitely want to be hunting with someone else preferably. Good luck finding a hunting partner.

If you get enough members to do a park hunt, I wonder if you could rent an off duty police officer to hang out?? I'm serious. What could it cost to have one or two of them as paid security guards if you split it up between 9 or 10 members?? Just a thought.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I'm serious. What could it cost to have one or two of them as paid security guards if you split it up between 9 or 10 members?? Just a thought.
    I' thinking $75.00/hr ea. Cops aren't cheap!
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    If you get enough members to do a park hunt, I wonder if you could rent an off duty police officer to hang out?? I'm serious. What could it cost to have one or two of them as paid security guards if you split it up between 9 or 10 members?? Just a thought.
    This is a right to carry state, so nothing would be cheaper than a couple hunting buddies packing their own heat.

I'd love to hunt several areas of Detroit, but I can't even remember that last time I was east of Telegraph. There's little to attract me that's worth the drive.
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

Besides everyone carrying, maybe offering a police man a machine and some quick lessons That way it's free and you have the full backup of the police too.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

You guys are too much but i would loan out a detector to a cop for back up too. My brother is a baltimore city policeman i thought of going detecting down there.